Registration: Undergraduate Non-Degree Application - National Student Exchange
Application Information for National Student Exchange Participants
The undergraduate non-degree application becomes available once the course schedule for the semester becomes accessible online. The application will remain active until the end of the Add/Drop period each semester. After the Add/Drop period, students will not be permitted to apply for that particular semester. All students in the NSE Program will remain active until their exchange is complete.
We recommend that the student completes the non-degree application as soon as they are accepted into the NSE Program. This will allow time for the student to submit the necessary paperwork, have prerequisite requirements assessed, as well as communicate with Department Chairs, if deemed necessary. Although exchange students will not be registered for classes until open registration, it will ensure that the student is prepared, increasing the likelihood of obtaining a seat in the class. Please consult the Academic Calendar for our open registration dates.
If you are a student who qualifies for accommodations, please see the Office of Services for Students with Disabilities (OSSD) website for information on the level of accommodation provided for college courses. Pleasecontact the OSSD
to submit appropriate disability documentation.
Application Process for National Student Exchange Participants
- Once the acceptance notification for the NSE Program is received, the student should complete the online non-degree application. There will be the option to upload supporting documentation with the application, which will expedite processing. If the ability to upload documents is not available, they can be emailed, mailed, or dropped off to the specified office.
- After the application is submitted, the student will receive an email notification almost immediately, sent to the email address supplied, verifying that the application was submitted successfully.
- When the application is processed, the student will receive a second email containing important information, including the required paperwork to participate in the NSE Program and WCU ID number. This ID number is used to set up the students’ self-service account (myWCU) and WCU email account. All students are required to use their WCU email address when communicating with university staff and faculty, therefore it is the responsibility of the student to activate their account as quickly as possible.
- After the non-degree application is processed and we have received all the required information/paperwork, the student will be registered for classes. We will not register the student for classes until all required documentation is received.
- All students in the NSE Program have a hold placed on their myWCU account, which prevents them from registering for classes or making schedule changes without consent. Initial registration will be completed by a staff or faculty member at West Chester University based upon the course information entered on the NSE Registration Form. Students can verify their class registration by logging into their myWCU account and checking their schedule.
- All enrollment requests or schedule changes must go through the Office for International
e-mailing National Student Excahnge.
It is highly recommended that the student contact their advisor at the home institution prior to making any registration changes to verify that the class will transfer.