As a catalyst for comprehensive internationalization, the Center for International Programs leads the WCU community of educators in developing and preparing students to become globally aware and engaged members of a diverse society.
In accordance with the University's values statement, the Center for International Programs supports the unique talents and contributions of each member of our community.
Through its sponsorship of international educational opportunities, the Center for International Programs advocates for a broader world view that provides a richer understanding of other cultures and a more tolerant understanding of differences.
The Center for International Programs engages in the education of all students through international exchange and promotion of international understanding and cross-cultural learning.
In support of the University's strategic plan, Building on Excellence, and the objectives outlined therein, the Center for International Programs will:
- Prepare students to be global citizens.
- Recruit and retain international students.
- Collaborate with campus constituents to enhance education abroad opportunities, to provide services for international students, and to assist faculty, staff, and administrative international projects.
- Establish partnerships with local, regional, national, and international institutions and organizations.
- Promote and support Visiting Scholars at WCU and support WCU faculty research and scholarship.
- Support the University's English as a Second Language Program