Norine D. Pulliam
My passion for teaching and preparing nursing students to enter the nursing profession is the basis of my teaching focus. In the classroom curriculum is covered and reinforced using life-long learning examples, personal experience and case studies while working with the textbook based content. In the clinical setting experiencing and practicing nursing skills is essential to preparing students by role modeling and interacting with each student.
Knowledge is power. -- Sir Francis Bacon c. 1597
|RN Diploma||Cooper Medical Center School of Nursing|
|RN-BSN||West Chester University, 2005|
|MSN, CH/PHCNS||West Chester University, 2008|
|PhD||Northcentral University, 2018|
|Course Number||Course Name|
|NSG 313||Applied Nursing Research|
|NSG 330||Professional Nursing Communication Strategies|
|NSG 332||Ethics and Health Policy in Nursing|
|NSG 334||Population and Environmental Health Nursing|
|NSG 335||Population Health and Environmental Health Practicum|
|NSG 411||Care of the Individual in the Acute Care and Behavioral Health Settings|
|NSG 430||Physical and Health Assessments of Diverse Populations Across the Lifespan|
|NSG 432||Health Information, Technology, and Quality Improvement|
|NSG 434||Nursing Leadership & Management in Today's Healthcare Environment|
|NSG 435||Nursing Leadership Practicum|
Dissertation research topic: Perceptions of Bachelor’s Nursing Students Regarding Flipped Learning Environment for Health Assessment Education: A Multiple-Care Study.
Other areas of interest include integrative Health, Yoga for stress relief, hypnosis, nutrition and whole foods.
- Post-Masters certificate in e-learning- 2013 Chapter
- Public Health Clinical Nurse Specialist-Board Certified (PHCNS-BC) - 2013
Chapter 20, Nursing Management: Postoperative Care, pages 366-382.
- Lewis, S. L., Dirksen, S. R., Heitkemper, M. M., Bucher, L., & Camera, I. M. (2011). Medical- Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems (8th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Mosby.
- AORN International Expo March 2018 Poster Presentation: BSN Students' Perceptions of Learning in the Flipped Health Assessment Classroom
- Association of periOperative Nurses (AORN)
- American Public Health Association
- Sigma Theta Tau xi delta chapter at WCUPA vice president 2017-2019
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners