Nancy Barker, MSN, EdD, RN
My philosophy of teaching is that every student is unique and must have a stimulating educational environment that utilizes active learning strategies to keep students engaged. It is my desire to create this type of atmosphere where students can meet their full potential. I provide a safe environment where students are invited to participate and make mistakes. It is from our mistakes that we sometimes have our greatest learning opportunities. I believe my role is to act as a facilitator for students to evolve into the best they can be. I try to integrate humor into the classroom whenever possible.
|2016||Doctorate in Education||Immaculata||Immaculata, PA|
|2010||MSN in Nursing Education||Drexel University||Philadelphia, PA|
|1996||BS in Nursing||Widener University||Chester, PA|
|1998||ADN||Delaware County Community College||Media, PA|
- Nursing 318 Special Topics, Staff Development of the BSN (Fall, 2017/8)
- Nursing 212 Nursing Theory and Concepts,
- Nursing 380 Clinical Simulation in Nursing
- Nursing 221 Skills for Professional Success
- Nursing 312-Care of Older Adult and Care of Child
- Nursing 311- Laboratory, Care of Childbearing Family and Community-based Care
- Nursing 480- Advanced Clinical Simulation in Nursing
- Barker, N. (July 2018). [Teaching Tip] The Amazing Race™ towards COPD Comprehension. Nurse Educator, 43(4).
- January 2018: Elsevier Nursing Education Conference, Using Clinical Faculty to Strengthen Program Outcomes. Las Vegas, Nevada.
- TriState Simulation Users Group