Yoga Teacher Training Program
WCU 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training
This program is for full-time Undergraduate students at WCU only, but may soon be
offered as a Certificate Program.
- PEA 142 Yoga I 8–10 sections offered each semester
- PEA 143 Yoga II 1–2 sections offered each semester
- PEA 242Yoga III 1 section offered per year with sufficient registration
- HEA 315 Mind Body Health 1–2 sections offered each semester
The remainder of the 60 hours (which can be completed post-graduation) will include:
- Assisting Yoga I and II classes
- Teaching classes in Goshen 108A Yoga Studeio, the Center for Contemplative Studies, sports teams, or the Recreation Center at WCU.
- Seminar hours taken with Kinesiology & Sports Medicine faculty. These seminars take place at South Campus or Goshen 108A for three full weekends each year. All six days must be completed to receive the 200-hour Certificate. Fall seminar is offered the third weekend of November, and the Spring seminar dates will typically be February and April.
The cost of the program is *$975.00, and can be paid in installments. If you are a full-time student, the additional courses for this are basically at no extra cost if you take them as your 5thor 6th class. The costs incurred for this program will be to pay for the additional seminars required to fulfill program requirements set forth by WCU and Yoga Alliance.
Upon completion of the 200-hour program, you will receive a certificate from the College of Health Sciences that will allow you to become a registered yoga teacher (R.Y.T) through Yoga Alliance, the national education and support organization for Yoga in the United States. This designation will allow you to be more marketable in many vocations.
*The cost of a Yoga Teacher Training program at most studios starts at $2,000.00.
Please contact Alison Donley with any questions at email@example.com