Our Program Facilities
The Communication Science and Disorder facility provides an optimal learning environment for our students and accesible environment for clinic clients.
The department complex houses both the Department of CSD and WCU’s Speech and Hearing Clinic. With all facilites on a single floor the building is accessible to mobility-impaired people and reserved parking for clients is located adjacent to the clinic.
Areas included within the Department complex are described below:
Classroom (Room 428)
The classroom is used for all graduate courses. It is equipped with a videoconferencing system, including video cameras, monitors, and peripheral devices such as a computer, document camera, and VCR/DVD player. At times, this room is used to conduct distance education (DE) classes.
HOLD PLACE FOR IMAGE
Speech and Hearing Clinic
· Waiting Room for clients and their families
· Clinic Office
· 6 individual sound-treated therapy rooms
· 2 large therapy rooms (one typically used for children and one for adults)
· Clinic Materials Room
o Clinical assessment tools
o Clinical treatment materials for adults and children
o Supplies and materials
· Therapy room observation corridors
· Video Control Room
o used by supervisors to observe activity within the therapy rooms
o sessions are recoded and can be observed by students following sessions
· Double-walled audiometric test suite.
Computer Room (Room 420) ADD IMAGE
· Desktop personal computers (PCs) for student use.
· Access to a large number of software packages including Bluetree….
· Anatomical models and other items that are used in conjunction with teaching, research and clinical management.
Multipurpose Seminar Room (aka “Library”) (Room 419) ADD IMAGE
The multipurpose seminar room contains a conference table and chairs, a white board, and a collection of books and journals. It is used for seminars, teacher/student conferences, individual study and group meetings.
Speech Science Research Laboratory (Room 430) ADD IMAGE
Students, who are conducting research, are permitted to use the research lab.