The Tech Center loans equipment for use by faculty and students throughout the College of Education and Social Work and any teacher preparation program. CESW Faculty may borrow equipment for use in the classroom, at professional meetings, and for research purposes. Students may borrow equipment to use for presentations, class assignments, and field work. Contact the Tech Center if you would like to make a reservation.
- PC Laptops
- Digital Cameras
- Video Camcorders
- Portable Projectors
- Document Cameras
BORROWING A LAPTOP FALL 2022
Laptops for student teachers are available for loan beginning the first day of the semester and returned during final exam week. Both PC and Mac laptops from the Tech Center have the following software pre-installed: Microsoft Office 2016, Adobe Creative Suite 2018. In addition, Macs have Pages, Keynote, and Numbers.
IPADS FOR FALL 2022
All iPad requests for Fall 2022 are by faculty reserve only. If your instructor requires an iPad for your course, they will email you information about how to make an appointment for pick-up. All iPads will be on-campus pick up for the Fall of 2022. If you need an iPad for coursework or student teaching email Sunny Livelsberger to make an individual reservation.
SETTING UP YOUR IPAD
The iPad you are borrowing is for student use in coursework and for professional use as a Teacher Candidate. Please follow the steps below to set up your iPad.
- We recommend setting up your iPad on a robust wifi connection.
- Press the home button to begin. Choose your language, country, and a wifi network. Enter your Username and Password. Tap Next
- Remote Management screen will appear>tap Next> enter your WCU credentials to begin the set-up process on the iPad. Remain connected to wifi until the apps completely download.
- You can now enter your Apple ID and other account information. We recommend creating a professional Apple ID linked to a personal email. You can now use this Apple ID to purchase or load free apps on the borrowed iPad. Apps stay in your iTunes account when you return your iPad and are your personal property.
- If using an existing Apple ID, there is a two-factor authentication code that must be entered. You may also be prompted to verify the Apple ID email address to complete set up. You will not be able to download or open apps until these two steps are completed.
- Create a passcode to keep your personal data safe while borrowing this iPad.
RETURNING YOUR IPAD
- Back up your data (save any pictures, videos, etc.)
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Choose Erase all content and settings. Caution: this will delete all data off the iPad and reset it to factory settings. This cannot be reversed.