Dr. Wei Du
- Title: Associate Professor
- Office Location: 468 BPM Center
- Email: WDu@wcupa.edu
- Phone: 610-436-3460
- Google Scholar: Dr. Wei Du Profile
- Ph.D. in Finance, Louisiana State University
- M.S. in Finance, Illinois Institute of Technology
Areas of Expertise
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Law and Finance
- WCU Provost Research Grant (2019-2021)
- Choi, E., Du, W., & Riley, C. (2021). The impact of Wayfair vs. South Dakota on retailers: an event study. Economics Bulletin, 41(3), 1180-1186.
- Du, W., Wang, H., & Wang, J. (2019). Intra-Industry Uncertainty and Firm Valuation. The Journal of Investing, 28(5), 16-27.
- Choi, E., Du, W., & Malcolm, M. (2019). The Cost of the Travel Ban to High-tech Firms: An Event Study. Economics Bulletin, 39(1), 64-72.
- Du, W., Waisman, M., Wang, H., & Zhou, M. (2012). Do Bondholders Care about Managerial Stability? Evidence from the Financial Services Industry. The Journal of Investing, 21(2), 92-100.
Professional and Community Engagement
- WCU Council on Undergraduate Research
- CBPM Graduate Curriculum Management Committee
Classes Regularly Taught
- FIN 400, Senior Seminar in Finance
- FIN 336, Python for Business Analytics I
- FIN 325, Corporate Finance