Dr. Matthew Caulfield
Title: Assistant Professor
Office Location: 489 BPM Center
Google Scholar link: Dr. Matthew Caulfield Profile
Dr. Matthew Caulfield is an Assistant Professor in the Management Department at West Chester University. His research centers on corporate social responsibility, nonmarket strategy, business ethics, and political economy. This research has been published in Academy of Management Review, Journal of Business Ethics, Georgetown Journal of Law & Public Policy, and Business Ethics Journal Review.
- B.S., The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- M.S., The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Ph.D., The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
Area of Expertise
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Business Ethics
- Moral & Political Philosophy
- Institutional Theory
- Political Economy
- Caulfield, M. & Lynn, A. In press. Federated Corporate Social Responsibility: Constraining the Responsible Corporation. Academy of Management Review.
- Caulfield, M. 2021. Pay Secrecy, Discrimination, and Autonomy. Journal of Business Ethics, 171(2): 399–420.
- Caulfield, M., Kim, T.W., & Strudler, A. 2021. Toward a “We”-Mode Team Production Theory of the Firm: A Confucian Approach. In M. Pirson, et al. (Eds.), Alternative Theories of the Firm. Routledge: Humanistic Management Series.
- Caulfield, M. & Laufer, W.S. 2019. Corporate Moral Agency at the Convenience of Law and Ethics. Georgetown Journal of Law & Public Policy 17: 953-978.
Professional and Community Engagement
- Senior Fellow, Zicklin Center for Business Ethics Research, The Wharton School
- Media Director, Society for Business Ethics
- Chair, WCU CBPM Principles for Responsible Management Education Committee
- Committee Member, Working Group for Junior Scholar Engagement, North America UN PRME
- Ad hoc referee, Journal of Business Ethics and Academy of Management Review
Classes Regularly Taught
- MGT 313: Business & Society