Employer Reimbursement Plan
This plan allows participants to defer their tuition payments until the completion of the semester, with no finance or interest charges. West Chester University's Employer Reimbursement Plan is designed for students whose employers offer reimbursement for tuition charges, upon completion of the semester.
Participation in the plan is open to all actively enrolled WCU students. You must be in good financial standing with the University with no outstanding balances.
You must complete and submit the online application and your employer representative must confirm your eligibility for each semester which you intend to use your tuition benefits.
To apply for the Employer Reimbursement Plan, you must complete the online application and your employer must approve it. Your enrollment in the plan will not be complete until your employer approves. The application process works as follows:
1. Submit the online application. In your application, you will provide contact information for your supervisor or employer representative who can approve your participation in the plan.
2. You will receive an email confirmation of your application, and the supervisor or employer representative will receive a separate email request to approve your application.
3. You will receive an email from West Chester University confirming your official enrollment.
You must submit an online application for each session in which you intend to enroll in the Employer Reimbursement Plan. We must receive you completed application, including approval from your employer by the following dates:
- Post Summer Session 2020 ------------------- August 3, 2020
- Fall Full Semester & Session 1 2020 -------- August 24, 2020
- Fall Session 2 2020 ------------------------------ October 19, 2020
Students admitted after the dates listed above should contact the Office of the Bursar for information.
Students are strongly encouraged to register for all sessions within the semester. Delayed enrollment may limit the benefits of this program. Financial holds are placed on student accounts with any unpaid balance.
Upon acceptance of your application and completion of your registration, a credit will be placed on your account reflecting the expected payment from your employer. This will prevent late charges from accumulating on your account and allow you to register for the next session at the regularly appointed time.
You will be responsible to pay all charges not covered by the plan. For example, if your employer is covering 75% of your tuition only, you will be required to pay the remaining 25% of tuition, plus any fees not covered by your employer. The balance that is not covered by the plan must be paid by your initial due date.
You may also elect to use our payment plan for the portion not covered under this plan. View the Payment Plan page for additional information.
All payments are due three weeks after the session grades are posted. You are required to pay the deferred portions of your bill whether or not you have completed the course work or have been reimbursed by your employer. Payment may be submitted online via QuikPAY or in person with a check or money order payable to WCU by the dates listed below:
- MBA Summer 1 -------------------------------------- August 14, 2020
- Summer Session 2 2020 -------------------------- August 28, 2020
- Post Summer Session 2020 --------------------- September 18, 2020
- Fall Semester 2020 --------------------------------- January 15, 2021
If you do not make payment by the required due date, the following sanctions will apply:
- A hold will be placed on future registration.
- You will be ineligible for the plan in the future.
West Chester University reserves the right to conduct random audits, which involve contacting your employer about your employment status.
A $25 fee will be charged to your account for each payment returned by the bank for any reason. A late fee may also be charged, and you will be disqualified from the program.
If you drop a class or withdraw from the University, all payments are due immediately. The normal University refund policy would then apply. For more information, please refer to the Refund Policy located on the Registrar's website.
For More Information
Please email ERPlan@wcupa.edu or contact the Bursar's Office at (610) 436-3079.
For tax purposes, all deferred employer credits for the spring term will be posted to student accounts after January 1st.