E. Riley Holman Memorial Faculty Award
The E. Riley Holman Memorial Faculty Award honors a faculty member who demonstrates innovative teaching techniques that foster student creativity.
- $3,000 to be used to pursue research or professional development
- Listing in the university catalogs
A nominee must be a faculty member who has been employed by West Chester University for at least four years. Adjunct faculty members are eligible for this award.
Nominations may be made by individuals, groups, or departments of the University Community. A candidate may self-nominate.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Cover sheet
- A narrative written by the nominee (not to exceed 4 double-spaced pages) including a description of the proposed project. In the project description, the applicant should demonstrate how the project reflects Dr. Holman’s attributes, listed in the evaluation criteria below. A budget explanation from the nominee of how the award will further benefit his or her teaching and scholarly activities should also be included.
- At least two letters of support for the project from persons knowledgeable about the quality and significance of the applicant’s work and/or interests.
- Curriculum vitae of nominee (not to exceed 5 single-spaced pages).
Nomination deadline is February 17, 2023. Submit the application as a PDF attachment to Megan Fahey at email@example.com
Applications will be evaluated based on the degree to which they demonstrate the attributes exhibited by Dr. E. Riley Holman:
- A belief in the idea that “everyone has the potential to be creative”
- Curiosity and dedication to using innovative teaching techniques
- An interest in the development of students’ creative thought
Award announced in May and presented at December commencement.