Student Complaint Process PDF

West Chester University Student Complaint Process

The goal of West Chester University’s student complaint processes is for student complaints to be resolved internally. It is expected that students will follow the appropriate policies and procedures as outlined in the current University Undergraduate and Graduate Catalogs or the Student Handbook. West Chester University has designated a Student Ombudsperson to educates students about policies, procedures, and protocols in an effort to empower them to address issues, concerns, conflicts and discrepancies in an efficient, timely, and private manner.

Internal Complaint Resources

For relevant internal procedures, please visit the sites below:

What if a solution is still not reached?

West Chester University of Pennsylvania desires to resolve student grievances, complaints and concerns in an expeditious, fair, and amicable manner.  If the complaint cannot be resolved through the University’s local complaint and appeals processes, the student may go to one of West Chester University of Pennsylvania's state approval and licensing entities: Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education (email may be sent to Dr. Donna Wilson, Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs,, Pennsylvania Department of Education; or West Chester University of Pennsylvania's accreditor, the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.

To comply with federal regulations, West Chester University provides the following information to our prospective and current students:

West Chester University participates in Federal student aid programs that are authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965. Participating institutions must be legally authorized to operate with the state in which it is located. Title 34 CFR §600.9 requires states to have a "process to review and appropriately act on complaints concerning the institution including enforcing applicable State laws." Title 34 CFR §668.43(b) requires that institutions "make available for review to any enrolled or prospective student upon request, a copy of the documents describing the institution's accreditation and its State, Federal, or tribal approval or licensing. The institution must also provide its students or prospective students with contact information for filing complaints with its accreditor and with its State approval or licensing entity and any other relevant State official or agency that would appropriately handle a student's complaint."

Middle States Commission on Higher Education
1007 North Orange Street, 4th Floor, MB #166, Wilmington, DE 19801 Telephone: 267-284-5011
Email: Spanish: españ
General Link:


Back to top of page.