Due to the online nature of test-taking due to COVID-19, the Proctoring Center will only be available to students who need a reader and/or scribe. Students needing a reader and/or scribe will make an appointment a week in advance of the scheduled test through the Proctoring Center as usual and schedule a time at which a reader or scribe is available. The Proctoring Center has virtual staff hours Monday through Friday for scheduling.YOU WILL NOT BE SCHEDULED FOR PROCTORING UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION EMAIL PROVIDING YOU WITH SCHEDULING DETAILS. if you do not receive a confirmation email after completing the online proctoring center request form, you will need to ask your professor if they have completed their portion of the form. For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose of the OSSD Proctoring Center is to provide testing accommodations for students who are registered with the OSSD at WCU and have an accommodation that allows the student to utilize the OSSD Proctoring Center.
By submitting an online OSSD Proctoring Center request form, students agree to the terms and conditions of the OSSD Proctoring Center.
It is preferable that faculty provide testing accommodations; however, the OSSD realizes that due to issues such as student scheduling conflicts, this is not always an option.
Faculty who choose to drop off exams prior to the scheduled exam date will need to attach a printed confirmation of exam email or will need to complete an Exam Drop-Off Information sheet when dropping off exams to our office.
Students returning exams to faculty will return them in a white DuPont™ Tyvek® Tamper Evident Envelope provided by the OSSD; when opened, the word "OPENED" will appear in the red window panel.
Spring Proctoring Center Hours
**Exam Start Times: 8:00 am, 10:00 am, 12:00 noon, 2:00 pm when Proctoring Center is open**
**DURING FINALS, START TIMES ARE EVERY HOUR**
**Exams must end no later than the time the Proctoring Center closes**
|Monday||8:00 a.m.||4:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8:00 a.m.||4:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m.||1:30 p.m. (Finals Week 4:00)|
|Thursday||8:00 a.m.||4:00 p.m.|
|Friday||8:00 a.m.||4:00 p.m.|
- Students should arrive for their scheduled exam a few minutes prior to the time stated in the confirmation email and must provide their WCU Student ID card prior to taking an exam. The end time of the exam is fixed and will not be adjusted for tardiness. If a student arrives too late to begin the exam (as determined by the OSSD staff), the instructor will be notified by email that the exam will need to be rescheduled.
- In order to reschedule a missed or cancelled exam, students must submit a new online request form. The OSSD cannot determine the rescheduling of exams.
- Once a student begins an exam, he/she must complete the exam within the predetermined time frame without leaving the room.
- West Chester University’s Code of Conduct is in effect at OSSD. OSSD staff reserves the right to monitor student activity at all times during test administration.
- Food and drink must be examined by OSSD staff and is not allowed near electronic equipment.
- All personal items (including, but not limited to, cell phones, smart watches, coats and backpacks) must be checked in by OSSD staff prior to the start of the exam. Electronic devices must be turned off. Staff will monitor these items during the examination period. Complete security is not guaranteed.
- Only students registered with the OSSD may use the Proctoring Center.
Students whose accommodations include a reader and/or a scribe shouldcontact the Proctoring Center
at least one week in advance of the exam to arrange for a reader and/or scribe.
- A student will initiate the scheduling process by submitting a OSSD Exam Proctoring Center Request at least one week in advance (less notice may be permissible during the summer sessions; the online form will NOT be available during the summer sessions). The student must specifically request any assistive services and/or technology needed to complete the exam. The student’s request will be forwarded to his/her professor.
- The professor will complete the OSSD Exam Proctoring Form.
- Once the online form is complete, confirmation emails will be sent to the student, professor, and OSSD staff.
If your accommodations include a reader and/or a scribe you shouldcontact the Proctoring Center
at least one week in advance of the exam to make the necessary arrangements.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email within 3 days of submitting the initial request, then you should email your professor and cc: email@example.com.
- Schedule exams as soon as possible. If you have all your exam dates, ask your professor to schedule all your exams for the entire semester.
If you or your professor have any questions,contact the OSSD.
As part of efforts to improve the usability of our web resources and proctoring center, the Office of Services for Students with Disabilities (OSSD) would appreciate your input. To offer better service to both you the faculty and our students with disabilities please take a few minutes to give us some feedback.
- Faculty Login - OSSD will not print exams; all exams must be hand-delivered to the OSSD (either by the professor or the student).
- Student Login - All exams must be hand-delivered to the OSSD (either by the professor or the student).
- Extended Time In D2L - OSSD will not print exams.
- Test Proctoring Agreement Form