Office Hours Spring 2020
Schedule Appointments: http://meetme.so/vmishra
Online Office Hours: Monday 3:30pm - 5:30pm; Wednesday 11:00am - 1:00pm by appointment https://go.oncehub.com/vmishra
On Campus Office Hours: Thursday 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Call me @ 484-364-5172
Zoom Videoconferecing : https://wcupa.zoom.us/my/vipanchimishra
- PSY245 Statistical Methods for Behavioral Sciences I
- PSY560 Advanced Industrial Psychology
- PSY562 Advanced Organizational Psychology
- PSY567 Psychology and Training
- PSYXXX Workplace Performance and Prediction
My primary areas of research interest include performance appraisal, investigating the influence of cultural values on workplace behaviors, effects of occupational stressors on health outcomes, and factors influencing participant reactions to selection tests and assessment center practices. In addition, my methodological interests cover topics such as meta-analysis, item-response theory, and structural equation modeling. In addition to teaching, I have also worked as a consultant for the Professional Development Program at the Research Foundation of University at Albany and the Leadership Research Institute on projects related to training evaluation, multisource feedback and assessment of leadership effectiveness.
- Mishra, V., Niblock, K., & Shansky, C. (2014). Personality and Facebook Usage as Predictors of Student Participation in Course Blogs, Psychological Studies, 59, 401-407.
- Roch, S. G., Mishra, V., & Trombini, E. (2014). Does Selection Measure Scoring Influence Motivation: One Size Fits All? International Journal of Selection and Assessment, 22(1), 23-38.
- Ford, M. T., Matthews, R., Woolridge, J., Mishra, V., Kakar, U, & Strahan, S. (2014). How do occupational stressor-strain effects vary with time? A review and meta-analysis of the relevance of time lags in longitudinal studies. Work & Stress, 28(1), 9-30.
- Davison, H. K., Mishra, V., Bing, M. N., & Frink, D. D. (2014). How Individual Performance Affects Variability of Peer Evaluations in Classroom Teams A Distributive Justice Perspective. Journal of Management Education, 38(1), 43-85.
- Mishra, V., & Roch, S. G. (2013). Culture and Performance Appraisal: Assessing the Effects of Rater Self-construal on Performance Ratings. The Journal of Psychology: Interdisciplinary and Applied, 147(4), 325-344.
- Shanock, L. R., Roch, S. G., & Mishra, V. (2012). Why We Should Care About Exchange Relationships with Coworkers as well as Supervisors: Both Fellow Employees and the Organization Benefit. Testing, Psychometrics & Methodology in Applied Psychology (Special Issue), 19, 1-20.
- Roch, S. G., Woehr, D., Mishra, V., & Kieszczynska, U. (2011). Rater Training Revisited: An Updated Meta-analytic Review of Frame of Reference Training. Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, 85, 370-395.
- Mishra, V., & *Bost Jr., M. (2016). Effects of Cultural-Mindset Priming on Evaluation of Performance Behaviors. Paper presented at the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology annual conference 2016 in Anaheim, California.
- Mishra, V., Doll, J. & *Delaney, W. (2016). Perceptions of sexual harassment: Investigating the role of Cultural Values. Paper presented at the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology annual conference 2016 in Anaheim, California.
- Mishra, V., (2015). Core self-evaluation as a predictor of student engagement in citizenship behaviors. Paper accepted to the Australian Psychological Society’s 11th Industrial and Organizational Psychology Conference, Melbourne, Australia.
- Mishra, V., (2014). Collectivism as a Predictor of Student Engagement in Citizenship and Counterproductive Behaviors. Poster presented at the 26th annual convention of the Association of Psychological Science, San Francisco, CA.
- Mishra, V., Shansky, C., & Niblock, K. (2014). Personality and Facebook Usage As Predictors of Student Participation in Course Blogs. Poster presented at the 122nd annual convention of the American Psychological Association, Washington D.C.
- Mishra, V., & Roch, S.G. (2013). Evaluation of Job Performance Behaviors: Do Raters’ Cultural Values Matter? Poster presented at the 28th annual meeting of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Houston, TX.
- Mishra, V., *Niblock, K., & *Omeragic, A. (2013). Employee Collectivism: Predictor of Promotion and Job Performance Ratings? Poster presented at the 121st annual convention of the American Psychological Association, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Ford, M. & Mishra, V. (2012). Cumulative Exposure to Work Demands Predict Health at Age 40. Poster presented at the 27th annual meeting of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, San Diego, CA.
- Mishra, V., & Roch, S.G. (April, 2011). Rater Self-construal as a Source of Bias in Performance Ratings. Poster presented at the 26th annual meeting of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Chicago, IL.
- Mishra, V., & Roch, S.G. (August, 2011). Influence of Self-construal on Perceived Fairness of Decision-making Strategies. Poster presented at the 119th annual convention of the American Psychological Association, Washington, D.C.