Thomas Treadwell (Retired)
- Professor of Psychology
- Ed.D., Temple University
- Office Phone: 610-436-2723
- Office Room Number: Wayne 5th Floor Room 530
- Preferred Means of Contact: Email
- Email Thomas Treadwell
Dr. Treadwell has officially retired as of May, 2020.
- Group Processes: Interpersonal Relations
- Group Processes: Group Interventions / Psychodrama
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Social Psychology of Electronic Groups: Collaborative On-Line Research and Learning (CORAL)
Cognitive Group Psychotherapy, Psychodrama and Sociometry, Cognitive Therapy of Depression, Anxiety, Couple/Relationship/Partner Conflicts-Social Network Problems. He is currently studying Social-Psychological Processes of Collaborative on-line Communication Styles of Electronic Groups via the Internet. Additionally, he is a Clinical Associate at The Center for Cognitive Therapy, University of Pennsylvania, Editor of The Group Psychologist, Division 49, American Psychological Association, Group Psychology and Group Psychotherapy, and consulting Editor of Group.
- Treadwell, T., Travaglini, L., Reisch, E. (In Press). The Effectiveness of Collaborative Story Building and Telling in Facilitating Group Cohesion. Manuscript in progress.
- Treadwell, T., Ashcraft, D., Stevick, Teeter, T. Keen, F (In Press). Improving Student Attitudes toward Group Work Utilizing Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning. Keystone Journal of Undergraduate Research 1(1): 13-18.
- Palmiter, D., Treadwell, T., & Zehrung, D. (2009). Usability study: Pennsylvania Psychological Association's web site. The Pennsylvania Psychologist 69 (4) 2-3.
- Treadwell, T., Gross, J. (2008). Division 49 membership demographics survey. The Group Psychologist. 18, 2, 10-11.
- Treadwell, T., Ashcraft, D. (2008). Collaborative on-line learning: A constructivist Example. Journal of Online Learning and Teaching. 18(1),37-47.
- Treadwell, T., Kumar, V.K & Wright, J. (2008). Group cognitive behavioral model: Integrating cognitive behavioral with psychodramatic theory and techniques. In Scott Simon Fehr (Ed.) 101 Interventions In Group Therapy. New York: The Hayworth Press.
- Ashcraft, D. & Treadwell, T. (2008). The social psychology of on-line collaborative learning: The good, the bad, and the awkward. In [name of editors] Computer Supported Collaborative Learning: Best Practices and Principles for Instructors. Hershey, Pennsylvania: Idea Group Publishing Co.