- Associate Professor of Psychology
- Ph.D., University of Oregon
- Office Phone: 610-436-3207
- Office Room Number: Wayne Hall 5th Floor Room 538
- Preferred Period of Contact Before Scheduling Meeting: When scheduling an advisee meeting, please contact a week in advance. If you wish to simply talk during office hours, please email the day before.
- For Appointments: http://meetme.so/DrShivde
- Preferred Means of Contact: Email
- Email Geeta Shivde
Office Hours Fall 2020
- Introduction to Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology Laboratory
My research is in the general area of human memory. I am especially interested in how we keep information in working/short term memory even when there are distractions. I am also interested in how working memory interacts with other cognitive processes like attention and language processing.
- Hulbert, J., Shivde, G. & Anderson, M.C. (2012). Evidence Against Associative Blocking as a Cause of Cue-Independent Retrieval-Induced Forgetting. Experimental Psychology, 59(1), 11-21.
- Shivde, G. & Anderson, M.C. (2011). On the existence of semantic working memory: Evidence for direct semantic maintenance. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory & Cognition, 37(6), 1342-1369.
- Condon, L Shivde, G., Kapp, B. & Kumar, V.K.. (2011). Can facilitation imagery alter the effects of semantic priming? Current Psychology, 30(1), 34-52.
My main goal is to get students excited about the science of psychology. Students may come into the major with a narrow view of the field, and I hope to show the amazing breadth of possibilities in studying psychology.