Work Study: Apply for Work Study with the FAFSA & WCU Application by February 1st each year!
- Complete the FAFSA by the February 1st Priority deadline.
- Complete the appropriate West Chester University Federal Work Study form
- Federal Work Study Student Employment Application (Incoming Students)
- Federal Work Studey Student Employment Application (Winter)
- You will receive notification from our office regarding your eligibility and placement. Students who do not qualify due to the fact that they do not have financial need will be sent a separate notice.
Federal Work Study job descriptions at WCU are listed by department and can be found via the Job Search Tool.
Students receive direct compensation, on a biweekly basis, for the hours worked. Students are encouraged to enroll in direct deposit with the payroll office. Funds received are intended for use to meet educational related expenses.
- The Federal Work Study Program provides part-time jobs for eligible undergraduate students and students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses.
- West Chester University's Federal Work Study Student Employment Program is a need based federally funded program.
- Contracts are mailed via traditional mail to eligible students over the summer. The contract contains important information regarding the student's assignment, the terms of employment, and paperwork required.
- Contact your supervisor to introduce yourself and familiarize yourself with the department's functions.
- Return your contract by the stated deadline to secure the position.
- Complete all payroll documents in person at the Payroll Office as soon as possible.
- Note: *Each year we have more students apply than the number of jobs available. Students who are not placed in a position initially will be notified that they have been placed on the waitlist. Students who are not placed within the fall term but would like to remain on the waitlist for the spring will be asked to re-apply at the end of the fall term and provide additional information if needed.*
- Students who have submitted all required documents are authorized to begin work for their term of employment.
- Students are to report to work the first week of their scheduled assignment.
- Students that do not report to work will be reported as a NO SHOW and the award will be cancelled.