Steps to Meeting the Community Service Experience (CSE)
- Start with reviewing the Community Service Experience (CSE) website:
- Many opportunities are listed by area at the website.
- It is a requirement that you MUST review FAQs and Fast Facts at the CSE website.
- Select an organization:
- Call the organization.
- Ask if they have volunteer openings and state you are a teacher education major from WCU required to complete 20 hours of community service. If openings are available, establish a starting date.
- Complete the CSE Pre-Approval form , found on page 3 of the CSE packet.
- Make an appointment for approval
- Upon completion of the 20 hours of community service:
- Complete the top portion of the CSE Verification Form and Reflective Statement , found on page 5 of the CSE packet.
- Ask the organization’s representative to complete the middle portion of the Verification Form, the "Organization Verification", found on page 5 of the CSE packet.
- Reflective Statement:
- Write the reflective statement responding to the prompts found on page 6 of the CSE packet.
- Submit the reflective statement by the deadline date stated on your CSE Pre-Approval form to the Office of Candidate Services, Wayne Hall 107 (attach the CSE Verification Form)
- You will receive an email from the Office of Candidate Services after review of the reflective statement.
Please direct any questions toJudith MacDonald or Paul Whalen: