Dr. Yanan Chen
Title: Assistant Professor
Office Location: BPMC 451
- Ph.D. in Economics, Binghamton University
- M.A. in Economics, Nankai University
- B.A. in Economics, Chongqing University
Areas of Expertise
- Labor Economics
- Applied Econometrics
- Yanan Chen and Kyle Kelly. (2022). Explaining the Gender Difference in College Attendance. Applied Economics Letters.
- Kyle Kelly and Yanan Chen. (2021). The Decline in Oil Price Pass-through to Wage Inflation in 11 European Countries. International Journal of Business & Economics, vol.6 (2).
- Kyle Kelly and Yanan Chen. (2021). The Decline in Oil Price Passthrough to Wage Inflation. Research in Business and Economics, vol.16.
- Yanan Chen and Kyle Kelly. (2020). Rate of Return to Schooling and Business Cycles. Applied Economics, vol.52.
- Kyle Kelly and Yanan Chen. (2020). Market Efficiency in NFL Pre-Season Total’s Betting Market. Journal of Behavioral Studies in Business, vol.12.
- Yanan Chen and Kyle Kelly. (2019). The Gender Difference in Hourly Wage and the Returns to Schooling over the Great Recession in the US. Research in Economics, vol.73(2).
- Kyle Kelly and Yanan Chen. (2019). Bettor Biases and Market Efficiency in the NFL Totals Market. Research in Business and Economics, vol.14.
- Yanan Chen and Kyle Kelly. (2017). The Impact of the Great Recession on the Gender Difference in the Rate of Return to Schooling in Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania Economic Review, vol. 24 (2).
- Yanan Chen and Kyle Kelly. (2017). The Great Recession Effects on Hourly Wages and the Rate of Return to Schooling between Whites and Blacks in New York. New York Economic Review, vol. 48.
Classes Regularly Taught
- ECO 111 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECO 112 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECO 251 Business Analytics I
- ECO 351 Business Analytics II