Dr. Kelly L. Fisher
Title: Associate Professor
Location: 448 BPM Center
Google Scholar: Dr. Kelly L. Fisher Profile
Education and Professional Credentials
- Ph.D., Management with focus on leadership and culture, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia, 2010
- Master of Online Teaching Certification, Illinois University Online, 2005
- M.B.A., University of North Florida, 2001
- B.S., Liberal Arts with Economics minor, Excelsior College, 1996
Area of Expertise
- Extreme context
Relevant Professional/Applied Experience
- Consultant, Booz-Allen-Hamilton
- Small business owner
- United States Navy, Ret.
- US Expat veterans and their motivations to expatriate and repatriate
Recent Publications/Journals/Books (since 2015)
- Capitano, J., Fisher, K. L., & Bozeman, J. (2020). Butterfly Film Festival: Teaching Transformational Leadership. Management Teaching Review. https://doi.org/10.1177/2379298120943203
- Sue-Chan, C. and Fisher, K. (2018). Take-Off or Crash? CPO Smith and NAS Ionia Flightline. The CASE Journal, Vol. 14, Issue: 1, pp. 6-15.
- McNulty, Y, Vance, C.M., & Fisher, K. (2017). Beyond corporate expatriation – global mobility in the sports, religious, education and non-profit sectors. Journal of Global Mobility: The Home of Expatriate Management Research, Vol. 5 Issue: 2, pp.110-122.
- Fisher, K. (2017). Military Expatriates. Y. McNulty & J. Selmer (Eds). In Yvonne McNulty and Jan Selmer (eds.), Research Handbook of Expatriates, Cheltenham, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Campbell, C., Egan, C., Shollen, L.S., Longman, K.A., Fisher, K., Fox Kirk, W., & Nielson, B.G. (2017) A capacious model of leadership identity construction, in (Julia Storberg-Walker and Paige Haber-Curran Eds.) Theorizing Women & Leadership: New Insights & Contributions from Multiple Perspectives, Information Age Publishing, pp.121-140.
- McNulty, Y., K. Fisher, L. Hicks and T. Kane (2016), Military expatriates: US veterans living abroad, in L. Hicks, E. Weiss and J. Coll (eds), The Civilian Lives of US Veterans: Issues and Identities, Santa Barbara, CA, Praeger, 305-338.
- Clever, M. and Fisher, K. (2016). Women veterans in The Civilian Lives of U.S Veterans: Issues and Identities (Eds. Hicks, L., E. Weiss, E., and Coll, J.), Praeger/ABC-CLIO, 553-577.
- Fisher, K., Billing, T, and Chhina, H. (2016). Indian military leadership: An exploratory study. International Journal of Leadership, 8(2).
- Fisher, K., Hutchings, K. and Pinto, L. (2015). Pioneers across war zones: The lived acculturation experiences of US female military expatriates. International Journal of Intercultural Relations, 49: 265-277.
Professional and Community Engagement
- Faculty Advisor, Women In Business student club
- CBPM representative, University Writing Council and Advisory Board
- Board member, Domestic Violence Center of Chester County
Classes Regularly Taught
- MGT 321 Organization Theory and Behavior
- HRM 601 Effective Leadership
- HRM 607 Diversity and Globalization
- MBA 604 Components of Effective Leadership