Dr. Joseph A. Mauro
Title: Assistant Professor
Office Location: BPMC 489A
Google Scholar Link: Joseph A. Mauro Profile
- B.S., Mathematics & Economics, Fairfield University
- M.A., Economics, Fordham University
- Ph.D., Economics, Fordham University
Area of Expertise
- Economic Growth
- Intergenerational Mobility and Income Inequality
- Educational Corruption
- Computational Economics
Relevant Professional Experience
Conference Presentations: Annual Meeting of the Southern Economic Association, Annual Meeting of the Eastern Economic Association
- “Spatial Awareness: Examining the Impact of Income Mobility on Local Economic Growth under Spatial Autocorrelation” (2022). Quarterly Review of Business Disciplines.
- “Youth Idleness in Eastern Europe and Central Asia before and after the 2009 crisis” (2020) with Sophie Mitra. Applied Economics.
- “Presidential Tweets, Information Dissemination & Energy Index Performance: Does President Trump's Twitter Feed Move the Markets?” (2020) with K. Michael Casey. Oil, Gas & Energy Quarterly.
- “The Impact of Intergenerational Income Mobility on MSA Growth in the United States.” (2020). Studies in Business and Economics.
Classes Regularly Taught
- ECO 111 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECO 112 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECO 251 Business Analytics I
- ECO 335 Money & Banking
- ECO 337 Economic Growth & Development
- ECO 348 Intermediate Macroeconomics