Planning and Geography students complete Planning Studios, Research Projects, a Thesis, or a combination. Click on the images to see a Showcase of recent work. Or follow the links below to an archive of earlier work.
Planning Studio Projects
BS Geography Senior Projects
MS Geography Research Projects
2017-2018 Academic Year
- Kendra McMillen and Gerard Hertel, Cornfield to Forest, 1967 to 2021
- Geena Flores and Kristen Crossney, Policy Participation as Indicators of Inner Borders within the United States
- Adam Bough, Brian Hreha, Keith O'Neill, and Shane Lukenda, Harmony Hill Conservation Area: Exploring the Influence of Topography on Tree Composition and Structure
- GIS and the Appalachian Trail: A Regional and Local View
2016-2017 Academic Year
2015-2016 Academic Year
- Crossney, Kristen B., Beau Ryck. A Case Study of Rental Housing in Chester County. Fall 2015.
- McMillin, Kendra McMillin. West Chester University Emerald Ash Borer Management Plan. Fall 2015.
2014-2015 Academic Year
- Blough, Adam, et.al. Harmony Hill Conservation Area. Fall 2014.
- Cruz, Jonathan. Philadelphia Then and Now. Fall 2014.
- Flores, Geena, et.al. Policy Participation as Indicators of Inner Borders within the United States. Spring 2015.
- Hauck, Emerson and Dr. Kristen Crossney. Inconsistent Weather Impacts Midwestern Cattle Ranchers and Beef Prices across the U.S. Spring 2015.
- Griffiths, Jeffrey and Dr. Kristen Crossney. Effects of West Chester University Road Salt Usage on Water Quality of the Plum Run. Spring 2015.
- Hammond, Stacey, et.al. Historic Preservation Tax Credit Project in Philadelphia. Spring 2015.
- Hutchins, Peter J. Williamsburg, Brooklyn: Gentrification at its 'Best' in NYC. Spring 2015.
- Johnson, Phil and Josh Marcinik. Spatial Analysis Perspective on Emergency Calls. Spring 2015.
- Johnson, Phil and Josh Marcinik. Emergency Calls and Public Safety. Fall 2014.
- McMillin, Kendra and Gerard Hertel. Emerald Ash Borer Management Plan. Spring 2015.
- Purse, Jeffrey E. Combatting Sprawl with non-motorized transportation use. Spring 2015.
- Rodriguez, Robert J. Relocation of the Atlanta Braves. Spring 2015.
- Ryan, Kevin, et.al. Exton County Park: Forest Composition and Importance Value. Fall 2014.
- Schad, Lioba. Public Transportation Usage, Commute Times, and Vehicle Ownership. Spring 2015.
2013-2014 Academic Year
- Carrigan, Cody. Gentrify, Gentrifying, Gentrified: The Study of Philadelphia County. Spring 2014.
- Goral, Adam. Developing Sexual Freedom: Constructing a Spatial Context for Sex Positive Countries. Spring 2014.
- Keating, Ellen E. Urban Agriculture in the Context of Food Insecurity in Philadelphia. Spring 2014.
- Murtoff, Colin. Socioeconomic Status and Bridge Sufficiency Ratings. Spring 2014.
- Ryck, Beau. Spatial Analysis of Urban Carbon Footprints in the U.S.. Spring 2014.
- Thomas, Anthony. Quantifying Sprawl in Chester County, PA. Spring 2014.
- Van Halem, Ian. Electricity Consumption in the United States (2009). Spring 2014.
2012-2013 Academic Year
- Tangert, Ian. Serving Geoprocessing Over the Internet: An Open Source Approach. Spring 2013.
- McMillin, Kendra and Gerard Hertel. Cornfield to Forest 1967-2012. Spring 2013.
- Ferenchak, Nick. The Accessibility of Trails in Chester County. Fall 2012.
2011-2012 Academic Year
- Mackey, Dennis J. Gone Fishin' - Pennsylvania Bass Fishing Guide. Fall 2011.
- Kaufman, Andrew, et.al. John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge. Fall 2011.
- Spahr, Catherine and Dottie Ives-Dewey. GIS as a Tool for Historic Preservation Planning: Lessons from Newtown Township, Pennsylvania. Spring 2012.
2010-2011 Academic Year
- Fraim, Mike, et.al. Food Markets in Chester County. 2011.
- Kersteen, Randon. Gas and Oil Wells in PA. 2011.
2009-2010 Academic Year
- Drinkwater, David. Chester County's Schools, Children and Homes. 2009
- Duffy, John. Cancer and Poverty in Pennsylvania. 2009.
- Houser, Kyle. Income Level of Homeowners in Chester County. 2009.
- Baldassano, Keith. Chester County Watersheds and West Chester Borough Impact Areas. 2005.
- Convery, Matthew. Municipal GIS for Storm Water. 2005.
- Girafalco, John and Don Paley. Parking Solutions for Parkesburg Borough. 2006.
- Sequoi Rock. GIS and the Appalachian Trail. 2006.
- Stillman, Brad, Andrew Bartlett and Charles Doyle. Chester County Land Use Changes from 1995 - 2000. 2005.