David F. Perri
- Title: Associate Professor
- Location: 446 BPM Center
- Email: DPerri@wcupa.edu
- Phone: 610-436-2285
- Google Scholar: David F. Perri Profile
- B.A., College of the Holy Cross
- M.A., The Pennsylvania State University
- Post-Graduate Studies, The University of Pennsylvania
Areas of Expertise
- International Business
- Management Information Systems
- Operations Management
- Business Strategy
Relevant Professional/Applied Experience
Prior to his appointment at West Chester University, Mr. Perri was Executive Vice President of the Health Services Company of Siemens AG, managing a technical division of 1500 employees operating in 20 countries. During his twenty-two years at Siemens AG, Mr. Perri held a number of executive positions in areas such as technology direction setting, application and systems development, sales support, network engineering, datacenter operations, MIS, customer service and marketing.
- Ethics in the “not for profit” sector
Mr. Perri has published on the topics of Conflict Management, Ethics, Employee Relations and Entrepreneurship in a number of scholarly journals such as the Journal of the Academy of Business Education, Career Development Quarterly, International Journal of Entrepreneurship, International Journal of Management, Education + Training, Business and Society Review, and Journal of Psychology. His recent publications include:
- “Targeting Vulnerable Populations: The Ethical Implications of Data Mining, Automated Prediction, and Focused Marketing,” with Gerard Callanan and Sandra Tomkowicz, Business and Society Review, Vol. 126, No. 2, 2021, pp. 155-167.
- “Constructing Construction Careers: The Case for the Building Trades,” with Gerard Callanan, Education + Training, Vol. 62, No. 3, 2020, pp. 201-213.
- “Data Mining and Automated Prediction: A Pedagogical Primer for Classroom Discussion,” with Gerard Callanan and Sandra Tomkowicz, Journal of Education for Business, Vol. 93, No. 7, 2018, pp. 352-360.
- “Career Management in Uncertain Times: Challenges and Opportunities,” with Gerard Callanan and Sandra Tomkowicz, Career Development Quarterly, Vol. 65, December, 2017, pp. 353-365.
Professional and Community Engagement
Mr. Perri serves on multiple “For profit” and “Not for Profit” boards in the private sector, and is frequently called upon for technical and management consulting.
Classes Regularly Taught
- INB 300, Introduction to International Business
- MGT 313, Business and Society
- MGT 341, Production and Operations Management
- MGT 499, Strategic Management
- MIS 300, Introduction to Management Information Systems