To be admitted to the Entrepreneurship minor, students must have an overall GPA of 2.5. Students must maintain an overall GPA of 2.5 and earn a grade of C or better in each course required for the minor.
*MGT 486 – Management Internship (6 credits) may be taken in place of MGT 483
Total Credits: 18
Entrepreneurship Minor Advisor: Dr. Monica Zimmerman, MZimmerman@wcupa.edu
Students minoring in entrepreneurship have access to the many resources of the Cottrell Entrepreneurship Center. These resources include mentoring, workshops, networking events, coaching, etc.
Entrepreneurship Minors are encouraged to be active members of the WCU Entrepreneurship Club, a chapter of CEO
Entrepreneurship Club’s Mission:
To create a community of aspiring high performing professionals who work together
to turn ideas into reality.
The WCU Entrepreneurship Club is affiliated with CEO – The Collegiate Entrepreneurs’ Organization
To serve more than 400 colleges and universities helping students achieve their entrepreneurial
dreams and goals. CEO provides student entrepreneurs with opportunities, events, chapter
activities and conferences to help start businesses.
BENEFITS OF CEO AT WCU:
- Access to a network of global/national collegiate entrepreneurs
- Access to live webinar's featuring successful entrepreneurs
- The Collegiate Entrepreneur newsletter, published quarterly and online
- Chapter speakers, business start-ups, teaching entrepreneurship, internships
- Discounted registration fees to the Global CEO Conference
- Communication on entrepreneurial challenges through the CEO online Social Networking Community
- Student entrepreneur competitions, including the elevator pitch at the national conference
- Chapter development support
- Leadership training
- Membership in member-exclusive Entrepreneurship Club Facebook Group
- Chapter Awards
Nicole Waslenko, CEO WCU Entrepreneurship Club President, NW923195@wcupa.edu