If you graduated from the Department of Theatre and Dance, we would love to hear what
you are doing! Use our online form to keep us informed.
Continuing Theatre and Dance Education
- Brian Barlow '13 is working on his MFA in Peforming Arts at the Savannah College of Art and Design
(SCAD). This past year, he played a reoccurring role on SCAD's new, original sitcom,
The Buzz, was cast of SCAD's SCADurday Night Live, a student produced SNL type show, and was the lead in a SCAD student's film The 4 O'Clock which will now be entering in festivals around the country. He will next be appearing
in a non-Union feature film this summer, In Search of Liberty.
- Carlos Diaz '14 is pursuing a MS in Arts Management at Drexel University.
- Tia Dorsey '13 will begin her graduate studies at the Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
in London this fall. Dorsey just completed an internship under Angie Koonin, PT, ATC
and dance specialist who provides dance medicine services to dancers in Charlotte,
NC as well as the North Carolina Dance Theatre.
- Jillian Glace '08 is studying for her MA in Creative Art Therapy with a concentration/specialization
in Dance/Movement Therapy at Drexel University in Philadelphia, PA.
- Jonathan Haupt '09 completed his MFA in Technical Direction at the University of Connecticut. He is
working for Pook, Diemont, and Ohl Inc. Theatre Equipment Contracting in Bronx, NY.
- Darius Johnson '16 will begin his MFA in Performance studies at the Savannah College of Art and Design
- Erica Maholmes '16 earned a graduate assistantship at Illinois State University as she pursues her MFA
in Lighting Design.
- William Morris '16 is the Developmental Theatre intern with the Florida Studio Theatre in Sarasota,
FL upon graduation from WCU.
- Tony Mottola '11 completed his graduate studies in acting for film at the New York Film Academy in
Los Angeles, CA. He is now managed by Rainbow High Entertainment.
- Michael Nguyen '10 earned his MFA in Dance at Temple University in Philadelphia, PA. He is also teaching
dance at various studios throughout the Philadelphia metro area and currently dancing
with the Roger Lee Dance Company.
- Mike Thatcher '09 completed his MFA in Acting at the University of Houston Professional Actor Training
- Jim Vadala '12 completed an acting apprenticeship with the Portland Playhouse in Portland, Oregon.