Margarete J. Landwehr
- Professor of Languages
- M.A., Ph.D., Harvard University
- B.S., Georgetown University
- Trauma Narrative
- Postwar and Post-Wall German Literature and Film
- Fin-de-siecle Viennese Literature
- Fairy Tales
Classes Regularly Taught
- All Levels of German Language
- German Literature and Film
- Holocaust Studies
- German Cultural History Courses in German and English Translation
- Modern German Drama
- Fin-de-siecle Vienna
- "Liminal Spaces in Fatih Akin's Gegen die Wand/Head on: Orientalism vs. Globalization."
Performing Difference: Representations of 'The Other' in Film and Theater. Ed. Jonathan
Friedman. University Press of America: New York/Toronto, 2009.
- "Voyeurism, Violence and the Power of the Media: The Reader's/Spectator's Complicity
in Jelinek's The Piano Teacher and Haneke's "La Pianiste," "Cache," and "The White
Ribbon"/"Die Weisse Band." International Journal of Applied Psychoanalytic Studies.
June 2011 issue.
Read more Faculty Profiles