Culture Clusters in Languages and Cultures
The Department of Languages and Cultures offers a wide variety of "culture cluster" courses taught in English. See descriptions in our official catalog.
Some of these courses also fulfill other Gen Ed requirements:
I = Interdisciplinary; J = Diverse Communities; W = Writing Emphasis; Gen Ed Arts requirement.
- EFR 320 French Civilization (I)
- EFR 330 Francophone Cultures West Africa-Caribbean
- EFR 350 French Civilization on Film
- EFR 401 French Business Culture
- EGE 323 Austrian Civilization 1848-1938 (I)
- EGE 403 20th-Century German Masterpieces
- EGE 404 German Artists as Social Conscience: Postwar German Literature and Film
- EGE 405 A Survey of Gernam Film (W)
- EGE 408 Modern German Drama
- EGE 409 Impact of the Holocaust on Literature and Film
- EIT 321 Images of Italy
- EIT 360 Italy on Film
- ERU 309 Russian Culture (I, W)
- ERU 310 The Literature of Russia
- ERU 363 Russian and Soviet Film and Literature
- ESP 300 Latin American Culture and Civilization (I, W)
- ESP 305 Spanish Cinema: Nation and Gender (Gen Ed Arts)
- ESP 306 Representations of the Spanish Civil War
- ESP 307 Spanish Women (1931 to present)
- ESP 309 Latin America on Film (Gen Ed Arts, J)
- ESP 310. Latin American Narrative from the European Conquest to 1930s.
- ESP 311 Contemporary Latin American Narrative (also offered as Distance Ed).
- ESP 316 Latin American Avant-Gardes and Mass Media (I)
- ESP 318 Speaking Spanish in the United States (also offered as Distance Ed).
- ESP 319 Cultural Realities of Spain (I)
- ESP 324 Latinos in the U.S. (I, J)
- ESP 333 Latina Writing (J)
- ESP 334 Politics and Economics in the Literatures of the Modern Americas
- ESP 335 Latino Literatures in the U.S. (J)
- ESP 355 Islamic Spain
- ESP 362 New World: America