CLEP: New Rules Starting in Fall 2015
FRE, GER and SPA majors and minors, please note this change regarding earning credits
through CLEP (credits for 202 are not anymore an option through CLEP):
The maximum credit that students can now obtain via CLEP testing in Spanish, French
and German is 9 credits (and not 12). In other words, effective this year, students
can only transfer up to the 201 level of a language via CLEP. They won't be able to obtain credit for 202 any more.
The following equivalences will now be followed:
- French score = 50 = 6 credits (101-102). Score = 59 = 9 credits (101-201)
- German score = 50 = 6 credits (101-102). Score = 60 = 9 credits (101-201)
- Spanish score = 50 = 6 credits (101-102). Score = 63 = 9 credits (101-201)
- Language majors and minors who used CLEP to fulfill their language requirements counting
with a 202 course won't be able to do so any more. They will have to take one course
as a regular course (or as credit by exam before completing the next course above
202) to fulfill the 202 level.
- Also, language minors may now use all of their CLEP credits towards a minor, since
they will be getting a maximum of only 9 credits.
Please, consult with your academic advisor in French, German or Spanish if you have