- Spanish Coordinator
- Associate Professor of Languages
- M.A., Ph.D., University of Maryland, College Park
- B.A., Gettysburg College
- Contemporary Latin American Literatures, Cinemas, and Cultures
- Critical Theory
- Creative Writing
- Avant-Gardes and Mass Media
- Science Fiction, Post-Apocalyptic Narrative, and Utopian Thought
- Revisions and Re-inscriptions of the Nineteenth Century
- U.S. Latinx Literatures and Cultures
- Gender and Queer Studies
- Contemporary Latin America: Politics and Aesthetics since 1959 (Summer 2016)
- Contemporary Latin America: The Avant-Gardes, Then and Now (Summer 2018)
- Latin American Women Writers (Summer 2019)
- The Utopian Impulse in Latin America (Spring 2020)
- LNC 100: Discover the World on Film
- ESP 316: Latin American Avant-Gardes and Mass Media
- ESP 317: Utopia and the Apocalypse in the Americas
- ESP 324: Latinxs in the United States
- ESP 334: Politics and Economics in Latin American Literature and Film
- Elementary, Intermediate, and Advanced Spanish
- Arteletra: The Sixties in Latin America and the Politics of Going Unnoticed. Purdue Studies in Romance Literatures, Purdue University Press. (Forthcoming 2021)
Invited Book Chapters
- “Deserted Islands for the Nation: Empty Land- and Seascapes in the Argentine Films
of the Malvinas/Falkland Islands.” Invited book chapter in The Film Achipelago: Islands in Latin American Cinema, edited by Francisco-J. Hernández Adrián and Antonio Gómez, World Cinema Series,
Bloomsbury Press. (Forthcoming 2020)
- “La ética de exponerse en De miedo en miedo de Armonía Somers.” Invited book chapter
in La escritura de Armonía Somers. Pulsión y riesgo. Ed. María Cristina Dalmagro. Sevilla: Editorial Universidad de Sevilla, 2019.
- “Farmworkers’ Theater,” “Flor y canto,” “Rebozo,” and “Vegigantes.” Celebrating Latino Folklore: An Encyclopedia of Cultural Traditions. Ed. Maria Herrera-Sobek. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO/Greenwood P, 2012. 489, 496,
- “Héctor Manjarrez’s Uncertainty; or, Politics without Dogma.” Revista de Estudios Hispánicos. Washington University in St. Louis, Johns Hopkins Press. (Forthcoming 2019)
- “Calvert Casey’s Wasted Narratives.” Revista Hispánica Moderna 70.1 (2017): 19–35. Columbia University, University of Pennsylvania Press.
- “La alegoría errante de la torre-cueva de Juan Filloy.” Revista Iberoamericana 82.254 (Jan-Mar 2016): 213–228. IILI, University of Pittsburgh.
- “Gauchos at the Origins: Lugones, Borges, Filloy.” Variaciones Borges 40 (2015): 133–152. Borges Center, University of Pittsburgh.
- “A Queer Chicana/o Ethics of Representation: Rasquache Camp in the Novels of Rechy
and Luna Lemus.” Aztlán: A Journal of Chicano Studies 39.1 (Spring 2014): 105–132. UCLA, Chicano Studies Research Center.
- “The General’s Chair.” Boned. Web. 9 April 2019. (Forthcoming)
- “Obliviol: A Once-a-Day Pill for Drug-Anxiety Induced Agitation, Anxiety, Apprehension,
and Horror.” The Metaworker. Web. 31 December 2018.
- “The Erasure.” Here Comes Everyone, “The Tomorrow Issue,” volume 7, issue 1, 39-41, 2018.
- “With Them.” In My Utopia: A Collection of Creative Writing, edited by Ruzbeh Babei. Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2018, 11–13, 2018.
- “Orientation Packet for Gotham City Taxi Drivers.” Co-authored with Katherine Ann
Davis. Punchnel’s. Web. 9 May 2016.
Read more Faculty Profiles