- Ph.D., Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- M.A., New York University
- B.S., New Jersey Institute of Technology
- B.A., Rutgers University (Newark)
- Generative STEM Education
- Digital Rhetoric
- Critical Literacy and Pedagogy
- Digital-Based Learning
- Games Studies
- Design Research
- Cooke, Laquana, Lisa Dusenberry, and Joy Robinson. "Gaming Design Thinking: Wicked Problems, Sufficient Solutions, and the Possibility Space of Games." Technical Communication Quarterly (2020): 1-14.
- Cooke, Laquana. “NBA 2K14 for STEM.” In Learning, education & games vol. 3: 100 games to use in the classroom and beyond, edited by Schrier, Karen. Pittsburgh, PA: ETC Press (Carnegie Mellon).
- Cooke, Laquana, Jordan Schugar, Heather Schugar, Christian Penny, and Hayley Bruning,“Can Everyone Code?: Preparing Teachers to Teach Computer Languages as a Literacy.” Participatory Literacy Practices for P-12 Classrooms in the Digital Age. IGI Global, 2020. 163-183.
- Lauzon, R. C., & Cooke, L. (2017). Counter-buffing: A Visual Criticism of Guerrilla Advertising. Changing English, 24(2), 162-174.
- Cooke, Laquana. "Metatuning: A pedagogical framework for a generative STEM education in game design-based learning." 2016 IEEE Integrated STEM Education Conference (ISEC). IEEE, 2016, pp. 207-214.
- Drazan, John F., Laquana Cooke, and Ron Eglash. "Harmonious integration: Tuning STEM education with generative justice." 2016 IEEE Integrated STEM Education Conference (ISEC). IEEE, 2016, pp. 58-64.
- Cooke, Laquana. and Hubbell, Gaines. "Working out memory with a Medal of Honor complex." GameStudies the international journal of computer game research, 15.2 (2015).
- DHM 405 Digital Humanities Practicum
- DHM 210: Intro to Gaming
- DHM 220 Foundations of Game Design & Development
- YES 301: Seminar in Youth-Led Media & Inquiry
- DHM 280 Intro to Digital Humanities
- ENG 320 Writing & Computers
- CLS 350 Computer Applications in the Humanities
- WRT 204 Critical Writing: Approaches to Pop Culture
- WRT 200 Critical Writing and Research
- WRT 120 Effective Writing I