Main Hall 523
- Ph.D., Case Western Reserve University
- M.A., Case Western Reserve University
- B.A., Canisius College
- Health Communication
- Business and Technical Writing
- Medical Rhetoric
- Rhetorical History
- Print Culture Studies
- Medicine and Literature
- Women's Writing
- “Generating Medical Professional Ethos: British Female Physicians’ Acts of Creative
Self-Fashioning from Victorian Novels to #likealadydoc.” In Feminist Connections: Rhetorical Strategies from the Suffragists to the Cyberfeminists (Forthcoming – Date TBA): 21 pp.
- “Caroline Matthews’s Experiences of a Woman Doctor in Serbia (1916): Advocacy for Women Doctors in Early Twentieth Century War Writing.” English Literature in Transition, 1880 – 1920, vol. 62, no. 3 (Forthcoming May 2019), 30 pp.
- “Spies Like Us: Gamifying the Composition Classroom and Breaking the Academic Code”
(with Jessica E. Slentz and Michelle Lyons-McFarland). Composition Studies, vol. 45 no. 2, 2017, p. 187-209.
- “Fractured femininity and ‘fellow feeling’: professional character in the Magazine
of the London School of Medicine for Women and Royal Free Hospital, 1895-1914.” Victorian Periodicals Review, vol. 50 no. 3, 2017, p. 488-516.
- "Rhetoric, Ebola, and Vaccination: A Conversation Among Scholars." (with Jennifer
Bracken Scott, Heidi Lawrence, Susan Popham, and Candice A. Welhausen). Poroi: Project on Rhetoric of Inquiry 11.2 (2015): Article 5.
Read more Faculty Profiles