HOW TO APPLY
Before you apply to on campus housing you must:
Be accepted to West Chester University (Congrats!)
Submit the enrollment deposit in the ADMISSIONS PORTAL
Set-up your WCU ACCOUNT (@wcupa.edu)
STEP 1: Explore the housing style that's right for you: WCU Managed or USH Managed
There are two housing providers on WCU's campus: WCU Managed (traditional, community-style living) and USH Managed (suite-style living). First-year students may apply to ONE housing provider.
STEP 2: Apply for ONE housing provider:
WCU Managed or USH Managed
The housing application opens on Monday, March 6, 2023 for incoming first-year students and transfer students (students beginning fall semester 2023). Housing at West Chester University is prioritized for first-year students, however, you are encouraged to apply for housing as early as possible. Chose ONE:
APPLY TO WCU MANAGED HOUSING:
- Log in to myWCU
- Click Personal Information tab
- Click myHOUSING on the left side of the page
- Click Application and Forms
- Complete the 2023-2024 WCU Managed Housing First Year and Transfer Application
- Submit the $200 Housing Deposit (required to submit the Housing Application)
- Questions to be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-436-3307
APPLY TO USH MANAGED HOUSING
- Log in to the USH Resident Portal (new users will need to create a USH account)
- Complete the USH 2023-2024 Housing Application
- Submit the $200 non-refundable application fee (required to finalize application)
- Wait for email from email@example.com to proceed with your application
- Complete USH leasing process in the USH Resident Portal within 30 days to secure housing
- Questions to be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-430-4988
STEP 3: Check your WCU Email Often
WCU Managed Housing and USH Managed Housing will communicate important dates and information via your WCU Email (@wcupa.edu) including the Housing Checklist
STEP 4: Complete the tasks in the Housing Checklist (available in early spring)
Beginning in early spring, you will receive the Housing Checklist with tasks to complete before move-in including:
You may choose your roommate or enter our roommate matching program.
Housing Eligibility Form
Before you are eligible to live on campus, you are required to complete the Housing Eligibility Form. The Housing Eligibility Form is a state-mandated criminal conduct and disciplinary history screening questionnaire.
Meningitis Waiver Form
Before you are eligible to live on campus, you are required to complete the Meningitis Waiver Form.
Select a Meal Plan
On-campus residents must select one of these meal plans: Ultimate, Gold or Purple. Meal plans are not required for residents living in on-campus apartments. Learn about Meal Plans
Receive a Housing Assignment
For WCU Managed Housing you will be assigned a residence hall. For USH Managed Housing you will select a residence hall.
Receive Move-In Information
First-Year Student move-in August 23 and August 24, 2023. Move-in dates and times are based on your residence hall.