View Text Only Version

Ram's Eye View

Residence Life and Housing Services

Contact Ram's Eye View  

Ram's Eye View

West Chester University
West Chester, PA 19383

Phone: 610-436-1000

Residence Life and Housing Services

Location: 202 Lawrence Center
Phone: 610-436-3306, 610-436-3307
Hours: Monday-Friday: 8am-4:30pm
Residence Life and Housing Services Website

The Office of Residence Life and Housing Services is responsible for creating and maintaining an environment in each housing facility that encourages academic, social, and emotional development. Each facility is staffed with trained professional and student personnel who are available 24 hours a day to provide services, assistance, and a variety of information. All resident students are encouraged to read "The Guide to Residential Living," which contains valuable information on all services, policies, and responsibilities pertaining to all housing facilities.

On-Campus Housing

The University-owned residence halls on the North Campus provide accommodations for approximately 1,600 students in primarily double-occupancy accommodations. In addition, the University-owned South Campus apartment complex houses almost 500 residents in four- or five-person, fully furnished units with each bedroom having either single or double occupancy. The University also operates College Arms Apartments, which has units housing from one to four residents. Arrangements for all of these housing options are made for the academic year. The University, through the West Chester University Foundation, also offers other housing options on campus that are referred to as affiliated housing. Allegheny Hall, Brandywine Hall, Commonwealth Hall, and University Hall are suite-style residence halls on North Campus. Accommodations are available for first-year and returning students in Allegheny Hall, Brandywine Hall, and Commonwealth Hall, and for returning students in University Hall. The Village and East Village apartment communities on the South Campus are available to current students beyond their first year and incoming transfer students on a space-available basis. These facilities offer all the same opportunities found in University-owned housing, but are managed by University Student Housing.

Information about residence hall policies and procedures may be found on the Residence Life and Housing Services website and the University Student Housing website.

Back to top of page.