DOSA members are encouraged to join and get involved in professional organizations to enhance their knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Staff should dialogue with their supervisor about which professional organization and conference involvement would make the most sense for them given their role/functional area, professional goals, developmental plans, and budget.
Following are organizations with which we have institutional memberships, which provides access to their resources and offers individual memberships at a discounted rate:
- ACHA - American College Health Association
- ACPA- College Student Educators International
- ACUHO-I- Association of College and University Housing Officers- International
- ACUI- Association of College Unions International
- NaBITA – The National Behavioral Intervention Team Association
- NACA- National Association for Campus Activities
- NACE- National Association of Colleges and Employers
- NASPA- Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education
- NIRSA- Leaders in Campus Recreation
Below is a list of regional, national, and international conferences that staff might choose to attend to advance their knowledge in the field. An * indicates the conference will be happening virtually.
Last updated on September 12, 2022.
ASCA Annual Conference (Association for Student Conduct Administration)
ACUI Annual Conference (Association of College Unions-International)
NASPA Annual Conference (National Association of Student Personnel Administrators)
HLC Annual Conference (Higher Learning Commission)
NAFSA Annual Conference (National Association of Foreign Student Advisors)
AALHE Annual Assessment Conference (Association for the Assessment of learning in Higher Education)
NASPA Conferences on Student Success in Higher Education (National Association of Student Personnel Administrators)