- Custodial Services Department:
- Director of Custodial and Grounds:
- Patricia Shields | 610-436-3155
- Operations Manager (day shift):
- Stephen McStravick | 610-436-1083
- Operations Manager (night shift):
- Andre Brown | 610-436-262
- Assistant Operations Manager:
- Phil Vaugan | 610-436-2023
- Operations Coordinator:
- Ashley Ross | 610-436-3156
- Custodial Secretary:
- Alondra Martinez | 610-436-2542
- Office Hours:
- 8:00am - 4:00pm
- To contact our supervisors:
- Kim L. Richardson, Res Hall Custodial Supervisor | 610-436-2025
- Jerry James, 1st Shift Custodial Supervisor | 610-436-2026
- Wing Fung, 3rd Shift Custodial Supervisor | 610-436-2027
- Phillip Hurtt, 3rd Shift Custodial Supervisor | 610-436-2028
- David Toland, 2nd Shift Custodial Supervisor | 610-436-2029
- Shelly Steele, 2nd Shift Custodial Supervisor | 610-436-2030
How does WCU clean and disinfect?
Our Custodial Services staff cleans many spaces on a daily basis:
- High touch surfaces such as door handles, railings, and elevator buttons
- Restrooms and locker rooms
- Public common areas
The Custodial Services Cleaning Program uses EPA-registered disinfectant that meet the agency’s “emerging viral pathogen” guidelines. As of January 2020 Custodial Services has engaged front-line staff in order to enhance its cleaning protocols. The enhanced protocol has increased our focus on the high touch surfaces listed above. We have also implemented an electrostatic spraying system for a more efficient application of disinfection.
- Proper hand washing
- There are hand sanitizer dispenser stations throughout campus. Hand sanitizer can help prevent the spread of viruses, though Proper Hand Washing is deemed to be more effective by the CDC
WCU Shuttle Buses Operated by Krapf School Bus
In a letter from the President and CEO, Blake Krapf he wrote “We are emphasizing enhanced disinfecting practices on our vehicles, particularly in ‘high touch’ areas and particularly if passengers or others exhibit any symptoms associated with respiratory illness, such as coughing and sneezing. Areas of focus will include enter/exit handrails, head rests and seat back, steering wheel and dash area. We will use high strength disinfectants and sani-wipes and disposable gloves. Our Procurement Department has commenced securing greater quantities of these supplies and our Operations leaders have commenced implementation steps”
PLEASE NOTE: WCU has asked the shuttle service drivers to not allow a passenger on if they are showing signs of a respiratory illness.
To request service or custodial coverage for an event, submit a TMA Work Request by selecting Maintenance Request @ iService Desk and Custodial Related.
- For emergency custodial services, Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 4:00pm call 610-436-2851.
- After hours and on weekends, please contact Public Safety at 610-436-3311.
How do I ask for assistance to unlock an interior door?
- Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 4:00pm call 610-436-3156
- At any other time contact Public Safety at 610-436-3311
- WCU identification will be requested at time of service.
- Building Opening Policy
Who do I contact for Pest Control?
Submit a TMA Work Request by selecting Maintenance Request @ iService Desk and Custodial Related.