Mission: The mission of the Faculty Senate at West Chester University is to ensure classroom and non-classroom faculty involvement in the shared governance of the institution. A forum for advocating and evaluating institutional policy and related matters affecting the welfare of the University, the Faculty Senate is committed to fostering a climate that promotes the growth and development of faculty and students.
Areas of Impact
Serving as a conduit for various campus-wide offices to reach faculty.
- Recent guests at Faculty Senate meetings have included: John Villella, Vice President for University Affairs and Chief of Staff; Bradley Flamm, Director of the Office of Sustainability; Lisa Marano, Mathematics, and Dr. Shannon Mrkich, English, First-Year Experience; Tracey Ray, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer; Christine Moriconi, Associate Professor of Nursing, Center for Contemplative Studies; Nicole Bennett, Vice Provost for Research and Creative Activity; Judy Kawamoto, Assistant VP of Student Development, and Dr. Tabetha Adkins, Dean of University College, First-Generation Students
- Future guests include: President Christopher Fiorentino.
Participation in various major administrative searches on campus.
- Vice President for Information Technology search; Vice Provost for Research and Creative Activities search.
Serving as a forum and clearinghouse for issues affecting faculty on campus.
- Campus administrative position appointments, research, parking.
Advocating for and supporting diversity and positive campus climate.
- Advocated for greater staff supporting diversity on campus.
- Senate liaisons with the following organizations on campus: Multicultural Faculty Commission; LGBTQA; Faculty Mentoring Committee; New Faculty Orientation, among others.
Promoting transparency, inclusion, and shared governance.
- Faculty Senate Executive Committee members regularly meet with WCU President and other administrators
Please contact any member of the Executive Committee with suggestions, topics, or questions.
Welcome to the 2021-2022 academic year! The first Senate meeting of the year will be held via Zoom (link will be emailed to all WCU faculty ahead of time), and the format of subsequent meetings will be announced. All full-time and part-time WCU faculty are welcome to attend.
All Meetings take place 3:00-5:00pm
Friday, Sept. 17, via Zoom
Open Forum with administrators: 11 a.m.-noon Thursday, Oct. 21, via Zoom
Friday, Oct. 29, format TBD
Friday, Dec. 3, format TBD
Friday, Feb. 11, format TBD
[Open Forum with administrators: TBD, format TBD]
Friday, March 25, format TBD
Friday, April 29, format TBD