Master of Social Work (M.S.W.)
WCU is a regional leader in social work education, and our Master of Social Work program in Philadelphia prepares students for advanced practice with individuals, families and communities while maintaining a focus on social justice and human rights. Our community of educators prepares students as professionals who engage with diverse populations and address the ever-changing needs of our society. Our Philadelphia-based program is designed with adult learners in mind, allowing students to balance home, work, and course schedules. Classes meet in the evenings and train students in trauma-informed approaches to working with individuals and families from the perspectives of Recovery, Resiliency & Capacity-Building.
- Accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Ranked among the best MSW programs in the nation
- Concentration in Direct Practice with Individuals and Families
- Faculty experts who are also practitioners
- Small classes
- Part-time study
- Two field experiences
- Personalized placement experience
Watch the video below to hear from one of our MSW students, Candace Simmons, on her experience at WCU in Philadelphia.