NPR Code Switch - one.npr.org, 8/9/17
The Breaking Free Show with Marilyn Shannon, 5/15/17
The NY Times, 4/20/17
Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane - whyy.org, 1/25/17
- NPR Interview - Anita Foeman: DNA Discussion Project
NPR Here & Now - NPR.org, 1/4/17
issuu.com - The WC Press, 1/1/17
- BBC Interview - Anita Foeman: DNA Discussion Project
BBC Outside Source - BBC.co.uk, 12/30/16
TED X Talks - youtube.com, 12/21/16
Daily Local News, 8/2/15
- Foeman, A. (2009). Science and magic: Using DNA data to examine the social construction of race. Journal of Intercultural Communication Studies, 18(2), 14–25.
- Foeman, A. (2010, April). Advanced intercultural communication project exploring the relationship among DNA ancestry profiles. Paper presented at the annual conference of the Eastern Communication Association, Baltimore, MD.
- Foeman, A. (2012). An intercultural project exploring the relationship among DNA ancestry profiles, family narrative, and the social construction of race. Journal of Negro Education, 81, 307–318.
- Foeman, A. (2013). Social construction of race. In A. Kurylo (Ed.) Inter/cultural
Representation and construction of culture (pp. 17–18). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Foeman, A., & Lawton, B. (June, 2013) Exploring global identity in education: Ancestry DNA and diversity training as classroom approaches for creating awareness of a global community. Frederick Douglass Institute and Ghana Interdisciplinary Conference on Diversity and Multiculturalism Cape Coast, Ghana.
- Foeman, A., Adams, J., Gongole, K., Guare, S., Jones, M., Liu, O., Sainju, S., Sanders, R., Lawton, B. (November 2013). Toward a New View of Race: Exploring the Implications of Ancestry DNA for Racial Identity. National Communication Association Conference, Washington, DC.
- Foeman, A. (2014, March). Ancestry synchronicity: Using ancestry DNA and narrative to explore our humanness. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HRTZVVyJC8&noredirect=1
- Foeman, A. & Howard, A. (2014, October) Experiential learning cycle to the WCU DNA Diversity Project. Paper presented to the Knowledge Crossing Borders conference, Heredia, Costa Rica.
- Foeman, A., Lawton, B., & Rieger, R. (2014) Questioning race: Ancestry DNA and dialog on race. Communication Monographs, 82(2), 1-20
- Foeman, A., & Lawton, B. (, November, 2015). The multiethnic-racial experience: Reflections and considerations on identity, family, and community. National Communication Association conference, Las Vegas, NV.
- Lawton, B. (November, 2016). The role of Ancestry DNA in multiracial individuals’ voices as they construct civic dialogue on race. National Communication Association Conference. Philadelphia, PA.
- Lawton, B., & Foeman, A. (November, 2016). Ancestry DNA and interracial communication. National Communication Association Conference, Philadelphia, PA.
- Foeman, A., & Lawton, B. (2016, November). Our Common Core: Ancestry DNA and Hope for Humanity. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfuN89U9fT4
- Lawton, B., & Foeman, A. (2017). Shifting winds: Using ancestry DNA to explore multiracial individuals’ patterns of articulating racial identity. Identity, 17(2), 69-83. DOI: 10.1080/15283488.2017.1303383
- Lawton, B. Foeman, A. & Surdel, N Bridging Discussions of Human History: Ancestry DNA and New Roles for Africana Studies, Genealogy 2018, 2(1), 5; doi:10.3390/genealogy2010005
- Foeman, A. & Lawton, B.(2021). Who am I: Identity in the age of consumer DNA testing. Cognella. San Diego.