Who do we define as a Veteran at WCU?
A Veteran is an individual who served in the United States Armed Forces, including
a reserve component or the National Guard and who was discharged or released from
service under conditions other than dishonorable.
Any Spouse or Dependent of a Veteran is eligible to participate in and utilize WCU
Greg and Sandra Weisenstein Veterans Center resources whether or not they are utilizing
education benefits under the GI Bill®.
Read more governmental information about basic eligibility for Veterans' VA benefits .
Attention all WCU Student Veterans:
If you are planning to use your VA education benefits for your classes, please complete
the WCU Request for Certification at least 30 days prior to the start of each semester and
submit it to Mrs. Morrison.
Did You Know?
- This year's Combat and Non Combat Trauma Awareness Training is available here https://youtu.be/PVGs5NJkrYs . Hear a unique opportunity on ways to heal from post-traumatic stress from guest
speaker Ralph Galati, decorated Air Force Veteran and former Vietnam prisoner of war,
and panel experts.
- WCU Student Veteran President Christopher Hollowood is featured as "Student Success
Starts Here" on President Fiorentino's website https://www.wcupa.edu/president/studentSuccess.aspx
- WCU Alumna Mrs. Eileen Glenn donates $1million to endow a new, ongoing position for
a licensed professional counselor dedicated to support WCU Student Veterans! Read
more in WCU's Summer Magazine 2018.
- WCU's very own Vince Caputo, Veteran and Attorney, is featured in this year's USA Today Special Edition Veterans Affairs
- WCU and th WCU Foundation are committed to supporting WCU students and ROTC cadets. More than $130,000 has been awarded over the past five years.
- Channel 6 Katherine Scott's interview with Mr. Lowell Gardenhour
- Mr. Lowell Gardenhour, USAF Veteran and current WCU Student Veteran, is featured in
- Visit Financial Aid Scholarships to Search & Apply for WCU Scholarships.
- Student Veterans using Chapter 33/Post 9-11 benefits: Thinking of dropping a class
or withdrawing? Read this first!
- WCU provides Priority Registration to all eligible student Veterans.
- You can find job opportunities and resume assistance resources in our Career section!
- Important! Determine Your Eligibility for PA In-State Tuition Benefits (Choice Act).
- The Harry W. Colmery Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2017, also called the
Forever GI Bill, can be read at https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/3218
More Veterans News…