Who do we define as a Veteran at WCU?
A Veteran is an individual who served in the United States Armed Forces, including a reserve component or the National Guard and who was discharged or released from service under conditions other than dishonorable. Any Spouse or Dependent of a Veteran is eligible to participate in and utilize WCU Greg and Sandra Weisenstein Veterans Center resources whether or not they are utilizing education benefits under the GI Bill®. Read more governmental information about basic eligibility for Veterans' VA benefits .
Attention all WCU Student Veterans:
If you are planning to use your VA education benefits for your classes, please complete the WCU Request for Certification at least 30 days prior to the start of each semester and submit it to Mrs. Morrison.
Did You Know?
- WCU Student Veteran President Christopher Hollowood is featured as "Student Success Starts Here" on President Fiorentino's website.
- WCU's very own Vince Caputo, Veteran and Attorney, is featured in this year's USA Today Special Edition Veterans Affairs
- Mr. Lowell Gardenhour, USAF Veteran and current WCU Student Veteran, is featured in the Quad!
- Channel 6 Katherine Scott's interview with Mr. Lowell Gardenhour
- Will my GI Bill® Education Benefits be affected by the change in modes of instruction to remote delivery? On October 1, 2020, VA announced special COVID-19 rules extended to December 21, 2021. With the passage of H.R.8337 – Continuing Appropriations Act, 2021 and Other Extensions Act, the special COVID rules have been extended. Post 9/11 GI Bill ® students who pursue resident courses converted to an online modality solely due to COVID-19 will continue to receive the MHA rate for resident training.
- "Remote Delivery" Student Veteran FAQs
- WCU Alumna Mrs. Eileen Glenn donates $1million to endow a new, ongoing position for a licensed professional counselor dedicated to support WCU Student Veterans! Read more in WCU's Summer Magazine 2018.
- WCU and th WCU Foundation are committed to supporting WCU students and ROTC cadets. More than $130,000 has been awarded over the past five years.
- Visit Financial Aid Scholarships to Search & Apply for WCU Scholarships.
- Student Veterans using Chapter 33/Post 9-11 benefits: Thinking of dropping a class or withdrawing? Read this first!
- WCU provides Priority Registration to all eligible student Veterans.
- You can find job opportunities and resume assistance resources in our Career section!
- This year's Combat and Non Combat Trauma Awareness Training is available. Hear a unique opportunity on ways to heal from post-traumatic stress from guest speaker Ralph Galati, decorated Air Force Veteran and former Vietnam prisoner of war, and panel experts.
- Important! Determine Your Eligibility for PA In-State Tuition Benefits (Choice Act).
- The Harry W. Colmery Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2017, also called the Forever GI Bill® , can be read online.