We are happy to welcome you back into the clinic for in-person psychotherapy and assessment services starting August 30th!
Please review the following guidelines as you begin planning your trips to campus for services.
- COVID Safety: The campus Environmental Safety department is working hard to keep our campus clean and safe from possible COVID transmission. Here in the clinic, we are also taking all precautions to keep our clients, students and staff safe so we can continue to provide you with services. Regardless of vaccination status, we are implementing the following:
- Clinic staff and clinicians are required to wear masks in common areas according to WCU policy.
- Clinic policy requires that clients and visitors wear masks while in the clinic.
- We ask that you maintain 6ft. between individuals in all clinic common areas.
- We will assign your clinician the same therapy room for the semester and these rooms will be cleaned between each session. We will also clean common areas in the clinic throughout the day.
- CMHS Hours: The clinic is open for services:
- Mondays: 12pm-7pm
- Tuesdays: 12pm-7pm
- Wednesdays: 8am-12pm
- Thursdays: 8am-4pm
- Fridays: closed
- When you return to the clinic in-person, we will let you know your balance due, if any, for prior teletherapy sessions. We are happy to work out a payment plan with you if you are unable to pay the balance on your first visit back to CMHS.
- Please provide 24 hours’ notice for cancellations. There is a $10 charge for no-shows or late cancellations (less than 24 hours notice).
- Children may not be left unattended in the clinic so please make childcare arrangements during your scheduled sessions.
Please direct all inquiries to 610-436-2510 or (firstname.lastname@example.org). We look forward to continuing to offer high quality services to our community!
WCU Community Mental Health Services (CMHS) is affiliated with the West Chester University Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.) Program. CMHS serves as a training center for graduate students in the Psy.D. Program and as a clinical research site for faculty in the Psychology Department. As a non-profit training and research facility, Community Mental Health Services is able to provide low-cost, cutting edge psychotherapy and testing. We provide a wide range of psychological services as well as specializations in trauma-related disorders and child & adolescent mental health. Services are provided by graduate students earning a doctorate in Psychology, who are closely supervised by experienced, licensed Psychologists. We serve children, adolescents, adults, couples and families from all backgrounds. Our providers strive to be culturally sensitive and compassionate and are committed to the highest ethical standards.
CMHS in The News
Applying to the WCU PsyD Program
To WCU Community Mental Health Services clients: CMHS is staffed by WCU students enrolled in the Clinical Psychology doctoral program. These students are under the supervision of WCU Clinical Psychology faculty members. If you receive services at CMHS and are interested in pursuing a graduate degree in clinical psychology, you should be aware that PsyD faculty are unable to consider your application for the WCU PsyD Program. The potential for multiple relationships arising is inevitable and in accordance with APA Ethics Code (STANDARD 3.05 MULTIPLE RELATIONSHIPS; https://www.apa.org/ethics/code/) to which our graduate students and faculty adhere, we are unable to consider your application to the WCU PsyD Program. This policy applies to WCU students, WCU alumni, or community members who currently are receiving, or within the last five years have received, psychological services (psychotherapy or testing) at CMHS.
Follow CMHS on Instagram!
Upcoming EventsCMHS is located at 125 West Rosedale Avenue on the 8th floor of Wayne Hall on the WCU main campus in West Chester, PA. Free parking is available in the lot in front of the building.
Hours of Operation
Clinic/Holiday closings for 2021:
- Labor Day - 9/6
- Fall Break - 10/18 & 10/19
- Thanksgiving Holiday - 11/24 - 11/26
- End of Year Holidays - 12/20/21 - 1/1/22
Monday: 12pm- 7pm
Tuesday: 12pm - 7pm
Wednesday: 8am - 12pm
Thursday: 8am - 4pm
To schedule an appointment or for more information please call our main office at 610-436-2510.