Office: UNA 117
- Ph.D. (Mathematics) University of California, Los Angeles, 1986
- M.A. (Mathematics) University of California, Los Angeles, 1982
- M.S. Zhejian University, 1981
- B.A. Zhejian University, 1979
- Algebraic groups
- Number theory
- Department of Mathematics, West Chester University. West Chester, Pennsylvania.
- Professor of Mathematics. (1997 – )
- Associate Professor of Mathematics. (1989 – 1997)
- Department of Mathematics, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana. Assistant Professor of Mathematics. (1986-1989)
- Department of Mathematics, University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), Los Angeles, California.Instructor (June 1986 ─ August 1986)
- Department of Mathematics, University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), Los Angeles, California.Teaching assistant and research assistant. ( 1982 ─ 1986)
- On the fixed points of symmetric product mappings, M.S. Thesis, Zhejiang University, 1982.
- On the cyclicity of G-modules, research report, Department of Mathematics, UCLA, 1985.
- The invariant theory of unipotent subgroups of reductive algebraic groups, Ph.D. dissertation, UCLA, 1986.
- On the Popov-Pommerening conjecture for the groups of type G2, Algebras, Groups and Geometries, vol. 5, no. 4 (1988) 421-432.
- An algorithm for explicit generators of the invariants of the basic Ga-actions, Communications in Algebra, vol. 17, no. 3 (1989) 565-572.
- On the Popov-Pommerening conjecture for the groups of type An, Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 106, no. 3 (1989) 611-616.
- Some recent development in the Popov-Pommerening Conjecture, Proceedings of the International Conference on Group Actions, Canadian Mathematical Society Conference Proceedings, vol. 10(1989) 207-220.
- Some determinantal identities and the big cells, Advances in Mathematics, vol. 101, no. 1 (1993) 1-9.
- Signs in the Laplace expansions and the parity of the distinguished representatives, Discrete Mathematics, vol. 131 (1994) 287-299.
- An Introduction to Invariant Theory, Volume I. Zhejiang University Press, 1994.
- On the distinguished coset representatives of the parabolic subgroups in finite Coxeter groups, Communications in Algebra, vol. 22, no. 3 (1994) 1049-1061.
- On a theorem of Bell-Campbell-Hughes, Communications in Algebra, vol. 23, no. 5 (1995) 1927-1930.
- The group of rational points on the unit circle, Mathematics Magazine, vol. 69, no. 3 (1996) 163-171.
- Proof Without Words: Eisenstein’s Duplication Formula 2csc (2θ) = tan θ+ cot θ, Mathematics Magazine, vol. 71, no. 3 (1998), 207.
- Notes on the Gamma Function. Zhejiang University Press, 2001. A geodesic between Hilbert’s Basis Theorem and Gordan’s Lemma, Northeastern Mathematics Journal, 2002.
- Some new identities in Fibonacci Numbers, in preparation.
- Notes on the Gamma Function. Second edition, in preparation.
- Combinatorics Through Generating Functions. In preparation.
- West Chester University Mathematics Colloquium, May 5, 2016: "The Postage Stamp Problem" Revisited.
- West Chester University Mathematics Colloquium, November 30th, 2011: The Solution Structure of Certain Type of Multiple-Choice Problems.
- West Chester University Mathematics Colloquium, October 8th, 2008: What Are Elementary Functions?
- West Chester University Mathematics Colloquium, February 27th, 2008: Variations on a Theme by Moser.
- West Chester University Mathematics Colloquium,March 28th, 2007: An Mat 103 in China.
- Carl B. Allendoefer Prize by the Mathematical Association of America, 1997.