Office: UNA 111
- Ph.D. University of New Hampshire, 2011
- M.S.Ed. Harding University
- B.S. Harding University
- Algebraic Topology
- General Topology
- August 2021 to Present: Associate Professor of Mathematics, West Chester University
- August 2017 to July 2021: Assistant Professor of Mathematics, West Chester University
- August 2012 - July 2017: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Georgia State University
- August 2011 - July 2012: Lecturer, University of New Hampshire
- J. Brazas, H. Fischer, On the failure of the first Cech homotopy group to register geometrically relevant fundamental group elements. Bulletin of the London Math. Soc. 50 (2020), no 6., 1072-1092.
- J. Brazas, Scattered products in fundamental groupoids, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 148 (2020), no. 6, 2655-2670.
- J, Brazas, H. Fischer, Test map characterizations of local properties of fundamental groups, Journal of Topology and Analysis 12 (2020) 37-85
- J.K. Aceti, J. Brazas, Elements of homotopy groups undetectable by polyhedral approximation. To appear in Pacific Journal of Mathematics, (2023).
- J. Brazas, P. Gillespie, Fundamental groups of reduced suspensions are locally free. To appear in Michigan Mathematics Journal. (2023).
See my research page for a full publication list.
- Wild higher homotopy groupsBYU Cannon Seminar, Provo, UT. 14 October 2022.
- The well-definedness of infinitary operations on the fundamental groupoid
Arches Topology Conference. Hurricane, UT. 27 April 2019.
- Using the Hawaiian earring to detect local properties of fundamental groups
Arches Topology Conference. Moab, UT. 9 May 2018.
- Test map characterizations of local properties of fundamental groups
Spring Topology and Dynamics Conference. New Jersey City University. 9 March 2017
- Coreflections and wild fundamental groups
AMS 2016 Spring Southeastern Sectional Meeting. Special Session on Topology and Dynamics. University of Georgia, Athens, GA. 6 Mar. 2016
- 2017 Mathematical Association of America Southeastern Award for Distinguished Teaching by a Beginning Faculty Member
- 2017 Georgia State University Math & Stat Outstanding Teaching Award
- 2019 NSF Conference Grant to organize the 2019 Arches Topology Conference in Hurricane, UT