- Ph.D. University of New Hampshire, 2011
- M.S.Ed. Harding University
- B.S. Harding University
- Algebraic Topology
- General Topology
- August 2021 to Present: Associate Professor of Mathematics, West Chester University
- August 2017 to July 2021: Assistant Professor of Mathematics, West Chester University
- August 2012 - July 2017: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Georgia State University
- August 2011 - July 2012: Lecturer, University of New Hampshire
- J. Brazas, H. Fischer, On the failure of the first Cech homotopy group to register geometrically relevant fundamental group elements. Bulletin of the London Math. Soc. 50 (2020), no 6., 1072-1092.
- J. Brazas, Scattered products in fundamental groupoids, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 148 (2020), no. 6, 2655-2670.
- J, Brazas, H. Fischer, Test map charcaterizations of local properties of fundamental groups, Journal of Topology and Analysis 12 (2020) 37-85
- J. Brazas, The fundamental group as a topological group, Topology Appl. 160 (2013) 170-188
- J. Brazas, Semicoverings: a generalization of covering space theory, Homology Homotopy Appl. 14 (2012) 33-63
- J. Brazas, The topological fundamental group and free topological groups, Topology Appl. 158 (2011) 779-802.
See my research page for a full publication list.
- The well-definedness of infinitary operations on the fundamental groupoid
Arches Topology Conference. Hurricane, UT. 27 April 2019.
- Using the Hawaiian earring to detect local properties of fundamental groups
Arches Topology Conference. Moab, UT. 9 May 2018.
- Test map characterizations of local properties of fundamental groups
Spring Topology and Dynamics Conference. New Jersey City University. 9 March 2017
- Coreflections and wild fundamental groups
AMS 2016 Spring Southeastern Sectional Meeting. Special Session on Topology and Dynamics. University of Georgia, Athens, GA. 6 Mar. 2016
- Topological fundamental groups and open subgroup theorems
Lloyd Roeling Topology Conference: University of Louisiana Lafayette. 8 Nov. 2013
- 2017 Mathematical Association of America Southeastern Award for Distinguished Teaching by a Beginning Faculty Member
- 2017 Georgia State University Math & Stat Outstanding Teaching Award
- 2019 NSF Conference Grant to organize the 2019 Arches Topology Conference in Hurricane, UT