Office: UNA 107
- Ph.D. University of Toledo
- M.A. University of Toledo
- B.A. East China Normal University, China
- Generalized linear regression
- Lifetime distributions for biostatistics and reliability modeling
- Statistical process and quality control
- Environmental statistics
- Machine learning
- Financial risk modeling
West Chest University, Pennsylvania (2019-)
- Associate Professor (2019 - )
WEX Inc, Maine (2017-2019)
- Senior Data Scientist
University of Southern Maine (2003-2017)
- Professor (2015 – 2017)
- Associate Professor (2009-2015)
- Assistant Professor (2003-2009)
- Xu, J, and Peng, C. (2018). Bootstrap Process Capability Index Control Chart for Skew Normal Processes, Communications in Statistics – Computation and Simulation. Published online first. DOI:10.1080/03610918.2018.1471505
- Xu, J. and Peng, C. (2014). Fitting and Testing Two-sample Marshall-Olkin Extended Weibull Model with Randomly Censored Data, Journal of Applied Statistics, 41(12), 2577-2595.
- Gupta, R. C., and Peng, C. (2013). Proportional Odds Frailty Model and Stochastic Comparisons. Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics.66, pp 897–912.
- Guan, Z. and Peng, C. (2011). A rank-based empirical likelihood approach to two-sample proportional odds model and its goodness-of-fit. Journal of Nonparametric Statistics. 23(3), 763-780.
- Gupta, R. C., Lvin, S. and Peng, C. (2010). Estimating Turning Points of Failure Rate of the Extended Weibull Distribution. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis. Vo. 54(4), 924-934.
- Peng, C. (2010). Interval estimation of population parameters based on environmental data with detection limits, Environmetrics. Vol. 21(6), 645-658.
- Peng, C. (2010). Parametric Lower Confidence Limit of Quantile-based Process Capability Indices, Quality Technology and Quantitative Management. Vol. 7(3), 199-214.
- Peng, C. (2010). Estimating and Testing Quantile-based Process Capability Indices for One-specification Interval and Skewed Distributions. Journal of Data Science, Vol 8(2). 253 – 268.
- Gupta, R. C. and Peng, C. (2009). Estimating reliability in Proportional Odds Ratio Models. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis. Vol 53(4), 1495-1510.
- Peng, C and Zhang, B. (2008). Statistical Inference on Continuation Ratio Logistic Regression Models under Case-control Data. The Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference. Vol 138(8), 2355-2365.
- The art of turning data to actionable knowledge, NES/MAA 2016 Meeting at University of New England (UNE). June 3, 2016 (60-minute invited thematic speech).
- Two-sample Proportional Odds Models, Department of Mathematics, Hefei Normal University, Hefei, China. April 22, 2011.
- Estimating Reliability in Proportional Odds Ratio Models. International Indian Statistical Association (IISA) Conference. University of Connecticut, May 23-25, 2008.
- 23rd New England Statistics Symposium, Suffolk University, Boston, April 22, 2008.
- Theory and Applications of Quantile-based Process Capability Indices (qPCI). University of Maine, Orono. October 2007.