Office: UNA 179
- University of Delaware, Ph.D.
- University of Delaware. M.S.
- West Chester University B.S. (Education) 1994
- Mathematics Education
- August 2010 to July 2015: Assistant Professor
- August 2015 to July 2021: Associate Professor
- August 2021 to present: Professor
- Bowen, B . (2015). Perceptions of Effective Middle School Mathematics Instruction. The International Journal of Science, Mathematics and Technology Learning 22 (2). 1-9.
- Bowen, B. (2014). Middle Grades Mathematics Teachers' Perceptions of the Common Core State Standards. In Liljedahl, P., Nicol, C., Oesterle, S., & Allan, D. (Eds.) Proceedings of the 38th Conference of the international Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education and the 36th Conference of the North American Chapter of the Psychology of Mathematics Education (Vol. 6). Vancouver, Canada: PME.15-20 June (pp. 25-26) Vancouver, Canada: PME.
- Bowen, B. (2014). Addressing Pre-Service Middle School Mathematics Teachers' Understanding of Volume Through an Inquiry Based Approach. Betwixt and Between, 1(1), 43-47.
- Bowen, B. (2014). Second-Career Mathematics Teachers' Knowledge of Mathematical Connections. Journal of STEM Teacher Education, 49(1), 29-44.
- Bowen, B. (July, 2014). Middle Grades Mathematics Teachers' Perceptions of the Common Core State Standards. Presentation at the Conference of the International and North American groups for the Psychology of Mathematics Education. Vancouver, Canada.
- Bowen, B. (July, 2014). Perceptions of Effective Middle School Mathematics Instruction. Twenty-first International Conference on Learning. New York, New York.
- Bowen, B. (June, 2014). Building Our Conceptual Understanding of Formulas for Volume. 17th Annual Legacy of R.L. Moore-Inquiry Based Learning Conference. Denver, Colorado.
- Bowen, B. (April, 2014). Middle Grades Mathematics Teachers' Perceptions of the Common Core State Standards. Presentation at West Chester University Research Day. West Chester, PA.
- Bowen, B. (October, 2012). A Constructivist Approach to Formulas for Volume in a Methods Class for Middle School Pre-Service Teachers. Presentation at the Pennsylvania Educational Research Association's Mid-Atlantic Regional Educational Research Conference. Philadelphia, PA.