The B.F.A. in Art: Graphic and Interactive Design Specialization curriculum is designed to teach skills necessary for successful careers in print-based design and interactive design through learning and developing formal concepts, methods, theory, and technical processes. The program includes a strong foundation in art and design history, typography, symbology, and design vocabulary with a broad range of upper-level courses in visual branding, advertising, publication design, information design, packaging, web, and responsive design.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate a practicable understanding of the basic elements and principles of design within the foundations.
- Students will acquire essential competencies of the techniques and methods within specialized design concentrations and demonstrate relevant critical thinking and problem solving involved in those processes.
- Students will develop theoretical proficiencies commensurate with the requirements of lifelong involvement in the creative sector, through written, verbal, and visual communication as well as the publication of original works.
- Students will acquire and integrate knowledge of both historical and contemporary movements, figures, and works in the field of design into their creative development through information literacy and critical thinking in written and verbal formats.
- National Association of Schools for Art and Design (NASAD) accredited
- In the last five years, our design students have won more than sixty international and national design awards
- Hands-on opportunities inside and outside the classroom
- Student exhibitions
- Study abroad programs
- Networking opportunities with noted artists and designers
What can I do with this degree?
Art Camp Director
Art Supply Retailer
Art Teacher / Professor
Comic Book Artist
Film Concept Artist
Front / Back-end Web Developer
Graphic Novel Artist
Museum / Gallery Administrator
Museum / Gallery Preparator
Museum / Gallery Registrar
Potter / Ceramist
Story Board Artist
User Experience (UX) Designer