West Chester University?s Transformative Principalship Certification program is a one-year program designed to provide teachers with the necessary tools and resources to take on administrative roles in schools. Teachers who hold a master's degree can apply for the program and obtain their principal certification in just one year. Teachers who do not have a master's degree can choose one from WCU that matches their goals, and couple it with the principal certification program. The program is taught by current and former school and district administrators who understand what it takes to lead a school.
- Cohort Model
- 1 year certification program (May-May)
- Hybrid Online & In-Person Courses
- Curriculum based on practical knowledge that is informed by theory and best practices.
- A focus on developing leaders who a ready to create collaborative and equitable learning spaces for students, faculty and families within a school.
- You can couple the certification with your choice of a Master’s or do it as a stand-alone certification if you already have a Masters.
What can I do with this degree?
- Elementary School Principal
- Middle School Principal
- High School Principal