The Department offers a 36-credit Master of Science degree in Geoscience designed for the professional development of geologists and precollege teachers. Students may also obtain Pennsylvania teaching certification in Earth and Space Science and/or General Science with the appropriate selection of courses. Employment and advancement opportunities for M.S. Geoscience graduates are excellent due to the hundreds of environmental firms, government agencies, and school districts within the greater Philadelphia area. In fact, the career outlook for geoscientists is excellent, with 14% growth in the industry through 2026 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Evening, summer, and weekend courses
- Designed for completion in two years
- State-of-the-art equipment and facilities
- Focus on enhancing knowledge and skills needed by geologists and science teachers
- Meet and work with geologists and science teachers from throughout the greater Philadelphia area
- Affordable tuition
- Hundreds of alumni in the region employed as geologists and teachers
What can I do with this degree?
- Environmental consultant, geologist
- Geoscience technician
- GIS technician
- Research Assistant
- Secondary Educator
- Engineering Technician