Office of Social Equity
The Office of Social Equity provides leadership, coordination and information to assist departments and constituencies within West Chester University to achieve its commitments to the principles of equity, diversity and affirmative action. Through collaborative efforts, the office helps to foster an inclusive and civil community. In furtherance of its mission, the Office of Social Equity monitors a number of policies to promote diversity and to eliminate discriminatory behaviors at West Chester University.
Student Employee (Pay Band 1)
- Position Responsibilities:
- Customer Service, Data Input, General Office
- Involves the following:
• Confidential or sensitive data/information
- This position will provide general assistance with:
- The Director of Social Equity - Assistant Director of Social Equity and the Administrative Secretary to the Office of Social Equity.
- Specific duties as they relate to this department:
- Answering phones - typing labels - opening and sorting mail - keeping a log of reservations for WCU For All of Us Diversity Lecture Series and other programs sponsored or co-sponsored by the Office of Social Equity - scanning - xeroxing - filing - assisting in the processing and delivering of hiring paperwork for faculty and staff - hand delivering materials associated with the Office of Social Equity - assist with gathering-collating of materials needed for presentations by the Office of Social Equity - provide feedback for on-going Social Equity projects - greeting visitors and those that have appointments in the event of the absence of the Administrative Secretary.
- Learning Outcomes:
- This will give the student experience in how to handle confidential and time sensitive issues-concerns in a professional manner. Learn to multi-task and prioritize assignments according to the most urgent issues-concerns. Learn how to work in a professional setting with faculty - staff - administrators.