College of Education Technology Center
The mission of the COE Tech Center is to support technology integration throughout West Chester University's teacher preparation program. The Tech Center provides hardware and software for use in the Center and for loan. The staff’s presence in COE allows for troubleshooting technology issues in real time. They, also, schedule training to increase technology skills and to enable the mastery of integration strategies. The ultimate goal of the Tech Center is COE faculty and students who teach and learn successfully with technology in 21st Century classrooms
Student ~Technology Assistant (Pay Band 1)
- Position Responsibilities:
- Audiovisual, Customer Relations, Customer Service, Data Input, Digital Media Technology, General Office, Graphic Design, Social Media, Web Design, Tech Troubleshooting and Training
- Involves the following:
• Confidential or sensitive data/information
- This position will provide general assistance with:
- Providing service to faculty and students in the Tech Center. This includes learning to use and maintain a wide range of technology, running the equipment checkout system, helping others to use technology and troubleshooting technology problems, moitoring computer labs, etc.
- Specific duties as they relate to this department:
- Using the checkout system, troubleshooting problems in Recitation classrooms; maintaining computers, ipads, Smartboards, cameras, printers; developing teaching materials or presesenations, taking pictures or video.
- Learning Outcomes:
- A job in the Technology Center is a great resume builder. Students learn many skills that are useful including IT/AV troubleshooting, new computer programs/web 2.0 tools, teaching/training skills, cutomer service skills, video editing and emerging technology, etc. A plus is that we have a diverse staff with students from several academic areas. We encourage all, especially international students, to share information about their interests and cultures with others in the office.