WCU Safe is the official safety app of West Chester University. It is the only app that integrates with WCU's safety and security systems. The Department of Public Safety has worked to develop a unique app that provides students, faculty and staff with added safety on the WCU campus. The app will send you important safety alerts and provide instant access to campus safety resources.
Features of WCU Safe
- Emergency Contacts: Contact the correct services for the WCU area in case of an emergency or a non-emergency concern.
- Virtual WalkHome: Allow Campus Security to monitor a user’s walk. If a user feels unsafe when walking on campus, they can request a Virtual WalkHome and a dispatcher on the other end will monitor their journey until they reach their destination.
- Public Safety Escort: This walking escort service is provided to students, faculty, and staff from one on-campus location to another.
- Friend Walk: Send your location to a friend through email or SMS on your device. Once the friend accepts the Friend Walk request, the user picks their destination and their friend tracks their location in real time; they can keep an eye on them to make sure they make it safely to their destination.
- Emergency Plans: Campus emergency documentation that can prepare you for disasters or emergencies. This can be accessed even when users aren’t connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data.
- Panic Button / Mobile Bluelight: Send your location to WCU security in real-time in case of a crisis.
- Support Resources: Access support resources in one convenient app to enjoy a successful experience at WCU.
- Safety Notifications: Receive instant notifications and instructions from WCU safety when on-campus emergencies occur.
Download the free WCU Safe App:
Have questions about WCU Safe? Suggestions? Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.